Multiple Dish question

emtownsend

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Post Falls, ID
I just had a Dish 1000 installed so I can pull in the Voom HD channels from 129 (I think). Because of trees, I had to have the Dish 1000 installed seperately. Now I have two dishes. Well, I went to view a couple local channels and low and behold, they claim I need another dish to view those... Dish is coming out Sunday to check things out and install another dish I guess. I called my Dish guy and he said they will indeed have to install a third dish to pick up the 148 (I think).
I don't think my wife can handle another dish!
Is having multiple dishes common?
The dish guy said to have them set it up because it may be used in the future.
Any thoughts on that?

If you are talking about the spokane locals...?

there are 2 channels, KQUP TV 24 (RTN/Ind.) Pullman & KCDT TV 26 (PBS) Coeur d'Alene, ID on the 148 sat. see the dish channel chart
http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

If either of these channels are "must carry" dish will install 2nd dish for free.

On the 1st point, the dish 1000 is meant to pick up 110/119/129
there is NO reason to have a dish 1000 just for 129/voom.

The whole idea behind a dish 1000 is to pick up all 3 sats with 1 dish, unless you have total tree blockage for 20 degrees of the southern sky on your entire lot you should be able to install a dish1000 for 110/119/129 & a 2nd dish pointed @ 148 for the other 2 channels

Jordan

Thanks Jordan. I guess my lot falls into the catagory of too many trees for 1 dish to see all. For me, it isn't worth it to have another dish for those two channels. Can you forsee any future reason for this 148 dish?
The installers called Saturday and rescheduled our appointment for Friday this week...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)