Multiple HDTV's - Start up costs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

will_blueprint

Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
I would LOVE to switch form Comcast to DirecTV, only thing is there are multiple HDTV's in our house, so I am looking at anywhere between 350-650$ in start up costs to switch. To me this is very prohibitive, expecially when comcast only basicaly charges you the montly lease for their HDTV DVR's, in which DirecTV also charges.

Is this something I am missing, or someway around this?

I would LOVE to switch form Comcast to DirecTV, only thing is there are multiple HDTV's in our house, so I am looking at anywhere between 350-650$ in start up costs to switch. To me this is very prohibitive, expecially when comcast only basicaly charges you the montly lease for their HDTV DVR's, in which DirecTV also charges.

Is this something I am missing, or someway around this?
nope you are correct. Directv charges you an upfront fee for each HD DVR and a monthly rental fee. You might be able to work out a better deal as a new customer though.

You should be able to get one HD DVR free up front, and then each additional is $199, unless you are a AAA member and get the AAA deal, where the second DVR is $99 (and then additional ones are $199). The AAA deal also gives you an additional $10 off per month for 24 months on top of the normal new customer deal. Yeah there are some up front costs, but considering Comcast here charges $16 per month now per HD DVR, and for a much crappier unit than you would get from DirecTV, if you think about total costs over the course of a couple of years, you might come out ahead with DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts