Multiple Hopper 3's not sharing recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Badtbuick

Original poster
Nov 18, 2017
Sheboygan Falls
Kind of a newbie here so if this was brought before sorry about that, I have 2 Hopper 3's and 1 Joey setup, I can play recordings from my family room Hopper to my living room Hopper but when i try to access my living room Hopper's recordings on my family room Hopper it says event ended oh by the way the Joey will play recordings from both Hoppers
My setup is as follows Pro Plus LNBF, DPH 42 switch and a Duo Hub

Kind of a newbie here so if this was brought before sorry about that, I have 2 Hopper 3's and 1 Joey setup, I can play recordings from my family room Hopper to my living room Hopper but when i try to access my living room Hopper's recordings on my family room Hopper it says event ended oh by the way the Joey will play recordings from both Hoppers
My setup is as follows Pro Plus LNBF, DPH 42 switch and a Duo Hub
Hey, Badtbuick. If you have two control units they may not be able to share information back and forth because they're not designed to share information with each other, they're designed to each be the stand alone control unit on the account. The sub units are designed to receive information from the control units so of course the Joey will be able to access information from either box.

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell
Hey, Badtbuick. If you have two control units they may not be able to share information back and forth because they're not designed to share information with each other, they're designed to each be the stand alone control unit on the account. The sub units are designed to receive information from the control units so of course the Joey will be able to access information from either box.
My two Hopper 3s can see each other.

Do you want me to delete my post DISH Support?

I think they have to deal with people not following their recommendations all the time. ;) I just posted on the use of a bus-powered My Passport and the variable results I saw. I also told that other poster that Dish does not support such a configuration. But Dish Support already said that above.

Perhaps Charles could share his exact setup for 2 H3's with BadtBuick and see if a small change might remedy his situation.

Well Jim5506 I thought maybe I shouldn't share since it is not DISH supported, but here is a diagram of my system. It has worked flawlessly since June 2017 after the DPH42 switch came out.

Hopper 3 Diagram MoCA New.jpg

Well Jim5506 I thought maybe I shouldn't share since it is not DISH supported, but here is a diagram of my system. It has worked flawlessly since June 2017 after the DPH42 switch came out.

View attachment 143343
I see that you have a Duo-Hub too. I pulled the two singles and all the extraneous wiring from my install and put in Duo. Got it from Walmart for $7. Boy did that clean things up until FW started to get in the way.

Sent from my SM-T380 using the SatelliteGuys app!

View attachment 143343
Thanks for posting the diagram, mine is wired like yours and for the first month or two everything worked fine, both hoppers could share recordings just within the last month it started acting up, not sure if it is a MOCA problem or software issue

I also have 2 Hopper3 receivers and a Joey3 receiver connected with a duo hub. I have had the setup since 2017 and both Hopper3 receivers can access programs on the remote receiver. The last couple software updates have caused some intermittent problems when exiting a recorded program on the remote Hopper3. Sometimes stop does not appear when I hit select. Instead I have to hit Guide and select a different channel. This seems to occur more with PTAT recordings that I watch during the PTAT recording hours.
But I am still happy that I have 2 Hopper3 receivers. It gives me a lot of flexibility. Since both Hopper3 receivers can do 4K HDR.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks for posting the diagram, mine is wired like yours and for the first month or two everything worked fine, both hoppers could share recordings just within the last month it started acting up, not sure if it is a MOCA problem or software issue
May we assume you have done a complete power cord reboot of the entire system?

If so, I would swap the cables to the two H3s at the duo hub and see if the problem flips to the other H3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I did a power cord reboot on all the hoppers/joey multiple times switched the cables on the duo hub and tried using two solo hubs with them jumped together with no luck, also took both hoppers and switched there locations and the problem stayed with the problem hopper so i'm thinking the problem lies in the one hopper
The only things that changed from when it worked is the problem hopper was replaced and the new software update was installed
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts