Multiple Hopper -DVR Fee question

tecboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2007
Cincinnati
Looking to switch back to Dish. I have 4 TV's. Trying to decide if i want to do Hopper/Super Joey/2 Joeys or 2 Hopper/2 Joey. It looks like receiver fee for 2 Hoppers is only $2 more a month. Is the DVR service fee of $12 per account or would that be $12 per Hopper? Main reason to go 2 Hoppers would be more available tuners.

Reactions: mikeH_dishNetwork
The Hopper DVR service fee is $12 per account. The only difference would be the $2.

Be aware that if one Hopper believes it may not have enough tuners to record your shows, it will offer the option to record the show(s) on the OTHER Hopper, and those recordings will be available on BOTH the Hopper used to record the show AND the first Hopper's DVR recordings list--but the TIMER actually exists at the 2nd Hopper. Also, from one Hopper or Joey, you can access the DVR recordings of the OTHER Hopper for playback from the drop-down menu of the first Hopper or Joey--no re-pairing required.

Among the limitations are that you can NOT control the timers of another Hopper from the 1st Hopper. Remember, you don't get 6 tuners as a single DVR experience. You are getting 3 tuners and 3 tuners that are designed to be separate experiences but allows for access overflow recording and DVR playback from a different Hopper.

Just wanted you to know what to expect on the experience. I really do recommend getting the 2 Hoppers and it should meet your needs well as a somewhat limited and UN-official Whole Home 6 tuner solution. I hope you enjoy your Hoppers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts