HWS video problem

gpollock87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
about every 30 minutes to an hour the screen will go black for 30 seconds or so and come back in. I also noticed when the screen comes back in the power light flashes. I've already done a reset and the problem is still happening.

When you say a reset, do you mean a red button reset or a power pull? If not the power pull, I'd do that first....

I suggest investing in a high quality line conditioner/UPS unit, or at least a darned good UPS.

Years ago, it fixed my overloaded circuit problem. But I later ran a new circuit. I couldn't BELIEVE how much of the house, especially LR and kitchen, ran off that one circuit! I not only added a near dedicated drop to the HT, I now have at least four circuits in the kitchen.

Reactions: gpollock87
I suggest investing in a high quality line conditioner/UPS unit, or at least a darned good UPS.

Years ago, it fixed my overloaded circuit problem. But I later ran a new circuit. I couldn't BELIEVE how much of the house, especially LR and kitchen, ran off that one circuit! I not only added a near dedicated drop to the HT, I now have at least four circuits in the kitchen.
LR AND kitchen????? Good grief! That is asking for trouble right there. Not well designed electrically. Glad you fixed it.

Reactions: charlesrshell