Multiple hoppers and unified DVR list

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
Just switched from DirecTV and their whole home DVR solution to a Dish setup with the equipment in my signature. Overall I like the hopper setup better. However, the one thing that irritates me is that there is no unified DVR list which shows all recordings on all hoppers in a single list. It would be fine to be able to select the hopper to view if there was also an "all" option. I can deal with it the way it is but this will not go over well with the wife. Has dish indicated if they are going to add that capability? I searched the forum but didn't see anything. Thanks.

Dish hasn't indicated any intentions to add a unified list. I personally prefer the separate lists, but you have a good idea about the option to view all.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Just switched from DirecTV and their whole home DVR solution to a Dish setup with the equipment in my signature. Overall I like the hopper setup better. However, the one thing that irritates me is that there is no unified DVR list which shows all recordings on all hoppers in a single list. It would be fine to be able to select the hopper to view if there was also an "all" option. I can deal with it the way it is but this will not go over well with the wife. Has dish indicated if they are going to add that capability? I searched the forum but didn't see anything. Thanks.

I like your idea, but it could become unwieldy. I have between 800 and 1200 shows on one of my Hoppers. If I combined 2 Hoppers into 1 list I could not find anything.

I don't find it difficult to just pop up the the gray button and select which hoppers recordings I'd like to see. The only glitch is that you can only delete a PTAT recording on the native hopper, if you select the other hopper you can't delete it's PTAT recording.

I think what everyone are talking about is to have the recordings listed like the 722 and earlier DVRs instead of the icons. I would like to see an option for one or the other.
No, it isn't what everyone is talking about in this thread, but I sure am. :) I just found the use of the word "lists" ironic. :)

Dish hasn't indicated any intentions to add a unified list. I personally prefer the separate lists, but you have a good idea about the option to view all.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

This is what Id like, an option to view them as ONE, I do miss that from the HR34. I would also like it more if it stopped booting me back to the top of the playlist Im in, when I just deleted a recording from the other Hopper. Not only do I have to select the other Hopper again, I then have to scroll all the way down to start the next recording.

This is what Id like, an option to view them as ONE, I do miss that from the HR34. I would also like it more if it stopped booting me back to the top of the playlist Im in, when I just deleted a recording from the other Hopper. Not only do I have to select the other Hopper again, I then have to scroll all the way down to start the next recording.

Have to agree having to start over again after deleting is a pain. It should keep you where you left off. An option to view all recordings from all hoppers would be nice as long as it defaulted to the Hopper your viewing when you first hit the DVR button each time. Then it could keep the unified "list" until you close out of the DVR.

Exactly! I don't mind having separate lists, since one hopper is the kids' and one is grownups', but not being able to set and see recordings from one hopper to the other is a pain!

Have to agree having to start over again after deleting is a pain. It should keep you where you left off. An option to view all recordings from all hoppers would be nice as long as it defaulted to the Hopper your viewing when you first hit the DVR button each time. Then it could keep the unified "list" until you close out of the DVR.

If they added a unified option, I would rather it stick on whatever option you chose last. That way if your preferred choice is "All", you don't have to set it every time. And if your preferred choice is "Master Bedroom" it would stick as well.

If they added a unified option, I would rather it stick on whatever option you chose last. That way if your preferred choice is "All", you don't have to set it every time. And if your preferred choice is "Master Bedroom" it would stick as well.

This would be great! I use my hopper 99% of the time. Occasionally, I am in the room where my wifes hopper is. I have set it to record some movies, then later on I forgot that I set them on the second hopper and can't find them anywhere on my hopper.

Agree with all the comments and suggested improvements. And while I have become a preferred 2 separate My Recordings list and find it easy enough to select the 2nd Hopper from my unlinked connections, I do think Dish should have the option for the user to have his/her 2 Hopper and multi-Joey set-up as a one system for all or the current divided Hopper experience. And Dish should also provide the option for those who prefer the LIST form in My Recording. And I HATE being bumped out further than where I was, as well. REALLY ANNOYING.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts