Multiple HR2x's vs HR34 and whole home DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Wisconsin
I currently have 3 HD DVR's (1 HR20 & 2 HR21's). I do not have the whole-home DVR's service and I am tired of recording conflicts and recording the same thing in multiple rooms. What would the best solution be? Should I just get the whole-home service with my existing hardware? Should I also replace one of my existing DVR's with an HR34? What would that get me?
Thanks

If you get an HR34, you will get a new two year contract. I don't know if you are under contract now, or if you care about a new one or not. Getting whole home will get a new contract, too, IIRC. It would likely be cheaper than the HR34, though. Have you called to see what the charges would be for the different setups?

No, I haven't called yet. I'm not under contract so I'm assuming that I would get a pretty decent deal. I'm just trying to figure out what would be the best option for me.

Connect each HR to you home network using cat5 ethernet and then call DirecTV to authorize Whole House.
This is the unsupported method, and DirecTV may not do it.
But, if they do it's a whole lot cheaper than going the HR34 route. :)

I'll probably go the HR34 route if and when one of my HR2x's die.

Connect each HR to you home network using cat5 ethernet and then call DirecTV to authorize Whole House.
This is the unsupported method, and DirecTV may not do it.
But, if they do it's a whole lot cheaper than going the HR34 route. :)

I'll probably go the HR34 route if and when one of my HR2x's die.

I'm not sure if you can get it authorized by calling. I think you have to email them to do it. There is a thread about it somewhere.

i have hr34,hr24 , 2h24 , and home netwoking. I have no problems with mrv viewing.IF get the hr 34 with c31 clients and the hr 34 go down then the c31 will not work.This the reason i not will switch to the c31.If i'm wrong some one let me know.A installers told me about c31.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)