multiple keys sent UHF remote

ckeays

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
New York, USA
Hello all,

I have a couple of 512 DVR's in my home positioned beside each other.
Both UHF remotes use a different channel and both have UHF remote extender cables installed in the rooms that they are being viewed (with the antenna on the end of the cable).

Either of these units don't interfere with one another. They both work good with the exception of one of the units, sometimes (lately it has been happening all the time).

What is happening is when you press a key on the remote, for example the up key, it will send four or more up key sequences which makes the receiver unusable. If you want to change to the next channel, you can't because it will advance 3, 4 or even more channels at one time. If I were to press the #3 key, 333 would be sent.

It appears like a switch debounce problem. I have tried other remotes, changed the remote channel, changed the UHF receiver frequency (the A,B switch on the remote) , changed the batteries, removed the remote extender cable and just connected the antenna to the receiver, nothing is working.

Trying to get a straight answer from dish is not possible (I would rather have my wisdom teeth removed).

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with the 512. But have you tried pulling the plug and rebooting? Contact a DIRT member listed in Red along the right side.

I don't think it is the remote it is the remote receiver on the unit or at least how the signal is getting to it. Try using the remote standing right in front of the receiver, does it still do it?
Try that receiver moved to a different location, even one just a couple of feet away. Of course do a hard reset.

I don't think it is the remote it is the remote receiver on the unit or at least how the signal is getting to it. Try using the remote standing right in front of the receiver, does it still do it?
Try that receiver moved to a different location, even one just a couple of feet away. Of course do a hard reset.

This is an intermittent problem. I just moved the receiver 3 feet away from the other one. The problem stopped for now, but like I said before it is intermittent.
It also worked normally in IR mode (pointing the remote at the receiver).
Nothing has changed in my setup in years, all of a sudden this problem occured. Unfortunately I cannot move the receiver to another room, it has to stay where it is.

I'm not familiar with the 512. But have you tried pulling the plug and rebooting? Contact a DIRT member listed in Red along the right side.
512 is a 522 that DISH bastardized into a single output receiver like the 612, they were already old receivers when DISH reissued them.

Problem is back again. It is intermittent. I thought moving the receiver away from the other one worked but I guess not.

I am sure others may have had this problem.
I hope someone can help.
The receiver is unusable as it is now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts