The Blaze is in HD now.

chiodo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 17, 2005
Pacific NW
Wow! Just when I've had enough of CNN and their 24/7 non stop coverage of the missing AirAsia flight I trun the channel to 205 trying ot watch the Blaze in SD and low and behold it's in HD now. little better on the eyes. But still The Blaze is not really much for news.

Oh well, will certainly make some folks happy. Not exactly my cup of tea, would have wished for another channel in HD, but like I said I am sure many will be pleased.

the biggest losers of the Fox/Dish dispute is us the customers, the biggest winner is Glen Beck's BlazeTV as he's getting more eye balls and the channel is on in HD on Dish (granted it might be a temporary thing). also NewsMax is winning to cause they are also getting more eyeballs watching the channel.

i predict this thread will be locked by this time on New Years Eve or New Years day as the last two Fox News Dispute related threads were locked due to political trolling and off-topic stuff that broke the rules of a active thread.

Technically, you derailed the thread yourself. *dun dun dun!!!!* ;)

I wonder if the timing was coincidental.

Still in SD here. The last locked thread wasn't even explained. Although I've gotten over Fox pulling Fox News and Business, I still want to hear about the current status of talks.

The Blaze is only in HD on Channel 205. It is not listed on the guide.

I think given the fact that the Charlie "barker channel" is still up on 204 about the issues with Fox, there are no negotiations happening, maybe once negotiations begin the channel will not be up or something different
will be on that channel.
Probably nothing happening in talks until after Jan 5.

I still want to hear about the current status of talks.
Trust me, you'll you how the talks are going if anything develops. Unfortunately threads about Fox News always end up with a political spin. Not that discussing the same thing ad nauseam does any good.

Reactions: ChadT41
Slightly off topic...

We watched the Merry Dishmas commercial when it first appeared and it had a clip of the Fox and Friends anchors on the couch with Dish hats singing along. We saw the commercial again yesterday and the Fox and Friends clip is gone. :coco

I really don't care but if I can mention that Fox News has been off for over a month to help get a better deal for Starz to watch Black Sails well...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419907250.927423.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i just wonder after the fox dispute is over and done with will we still get the blaze tv in HD it would be nice to have it full time and in HD.i would let dish know about it and on channel 212.

No, Newsmax is, The Blaze is not. I hope they can squeeze out enough bandwidth to continue HD carriage when the dispute ends. That would be 'compensation' enough for me.

Glenn Beck wins in Dish Network-Fox News fee squabble
Jan 5 2015, 10:25 ET | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

Dish Networks (DISH -0.6%) replaces Fox News on its programming schedule with TheBlaze featuring Glenn Beck.
Prior to the Dish addition, TheBlaze was in less than half of the major TV markets.
Dish is in an extended carriage fee battle with 21st Century Fox (FOXA -1%).
The ego clash of media titans Rupert Murdoch and Charlie Ergen could lead to a long blackout of Fox News on Dish, predict some media analysts.
http://seekingalpha.com/news/220496...fox-news-fee-squabble?uide=8461831#email_link

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts