Multiple Local Markets

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
Trying to figure out if there is a difference between direct and dish when it comes to delivering two different local channel markets to one household.

When on direct's website, and punch in my zip code of 54759 I says I would get minneapolis and lacrosse locals, but when I do the same on dish, it says I only get lacrosse locals...........confused?

Anyone out there with either company that lives in a 'border' area where they are served by two different local markets?

yep pretty much
In your market Minneapolis is considered SV. D* has given you the locals in SD. Dish is taking their time

I wish Dish would start doing this, though. :) Hint Hint, Dish. lol

Last September Dish gave folks in Windham County VT both the Boston MA and Burlington VT locals. In Bennington County VT, Dish subs were given the Albany NY and Burlington VT and locals.

Here in NH, folks in northern and western counties are all waiting for our only major network station, WMUR, to go statewide (again). DirecTV has had it since 2004 (as did Dish prior to Dec. 2006).

Last September Dish gave folks in Windham County VT both the Boston MA and Burlington VT locals. In Bennington County VT, Dish subs were given the Albany NY and Burlington VT and locals.

Here in NH, folks in northern and western counties are all waiting for our only major network station, WMUR, to go statewide (again). DirecTV has had it since 2004 (as did Dish prior to Dec. 2006).

And i still can't understand for the life of me why anyone in VT would receive Boston locals,talk about your not so local news and weather. I would think you would be better off with southern VT having either Springfield MA locals or Albany NY locals, and northern VT having the Burlington/Plattsburgh locals.

Exactly. And why would people in NH want to watch stations in the Burlington VT market. Especially since some of the stations are actually 2 states away in upper NY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)