Multiple Receiver's On One Dish ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Errol

Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
Errol NH
I know you folk's have heard these questions in the past, but my situation is a little different.

I have recently purchased a Small 11 Room Mom & Pop Motel in Northern NH. There is an existing antique Sat system in place (2 stacked receiver's & a 6' Metal Dish) All rooms are fed with single RG6U lines.
My intentions are to equip each room with a receiver with NO PPV Channel's.

My question is what is the most cost efficient way of doing this?
(a independent contractor in the area quoted me $5400.00 to do this Including equipment) I Say "Eat My Short's!" I don't mind anyone making a Buck, but C,mon....

I plan on buying the receivers from E-Bay (about $40.00 ea) New with Card's and remote No activation required. ( sound OK?)
I have a 18" dish, What will I need for a LNB and switches, Maximum run length will be under 125'.
I have installed Direct TV in my own homes in the past with no major issues, So I think I can pull this one off with a little help from you guy's! ;)

Also, any good equipment Sites?

Thank You for any help you can provide!
Errol

Errol said:
I have recently purchased a Small 11 Room Mom & Pop Motel in Northern NH. (a independent contractor in the area quoted me $5400.00 to do this Including equipment) I Say "Eat My Short's!" I don't mind anyone making a Buck, but C,mon....

For a commercial/hospitality setting such as yours, the quote was probably pretty accurate. Big difference between residential and commercial receivers (i.e. not free) not to mention an SBCA level 3 certified installer (required if doing commercial installs) to set it all up.

However it sounds as if you want to circumvent the system and use a residential account to facilitate the needs of your guests. Just a bit of advice - don't get caught.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts