Multiple Receiver's On One Dish ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Errol

Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
Errol NH
I know you folk's have heard these questions in the past, but my situation is a little different.

I have recently purchased a Small 11 Room Mom & Pop Motel in Northern NH. There is an existing antique Sat system in place (2 stacked receiver's & a 6' Metal Dish) All rooms are fed with single RG6U lines.
My intentions are to equip each room with a receiver with NO PPV Channel's.

My question is what is the most cost efficient way of doing this?
(a independent contractor in the area quoted me $5400.00 to do this Including equipment) I Say "Eat My Short's!" I don't mind anyone making a Buck, but C,mon....

I plan on buying the receivers from E-Bay (about $40.00 ea) New with Card's and remote No activation required. ( sound OK?)
I have a 18" dish, What will I need for a LNB and switches, Maximum run length will be under 125'.
I have installed Direct TV in my own homes in the past with no major issues, So I think I can pull this one off with a little help from you guy's! ;)

Also, any good equipment Sites?

Thank You for any help you can provide!
Errol

Errol said:
I have recently purchased a Small 11 Room Mom & Pop Motel in Northern NH. (a independent contractor in the area quoted me $5400.00 to do this Including equipment) I Say "Eat My Short's!" I don't mind anyone making a Buck, but C,mon....

For a commercial/hospitality setting such as yours, the quote was probably pretty accurate. Big difference between residential and commercial receivers (i.e. not free) not to mention an SBCA level 3 certified installer (required if doing commercial installs) to set it all up.

However it sounds as if you want to circumvent the system and use a residential account to facilitate the needs of your guests. Just a bit of advice - don't get caught.

Status
Please reply by conversation.