Multiple Receivers Same Room IR (HR54 missing setting)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

george99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
So I just upgraded from an HR44 to HR54.
I have 2 DTV receivers in the same place, so I have always used the setting for one of the receivers to use IR codes 00002. I cannot find this setting in the HR54. The program remote feature is a disaster and extremely unclear, and looks like it was designed by a 3 year old.

I am trying with a RC66RX, RC64, and RC73. No luck. I can't get the receiver to accept a different code set.

There used to be "advanced settings" under remote settings, but it is gone.

No, IR for both.
I am comparing the receiver menus to my H24 and the H24 like the HR44 has the advanced settings and receiver mode in the Remote Settings menu.

I would use the peanut remote in RF for the HR54 and the RX66 for the other two.

I think maybe you missed the point of my question.
The settings menu in the HR54 receiver are missing. In older receivers, there was a setting to tell the receiver which set of IR commands to respond to. That way if more than one receiver was located in the same place, the remotes would not unintentionally control all the receivers. Instead the remote would control only the receiver that is set to receive the set group of IR commands.

I think maybe you missed the point of my question.
The settings menu in the HR54 receiver are missing. In older receivers, there was a setting to tell the receiver which set of IR commands to respond to. That way if more than one receiver was located in the same place, the remotes would not unintentionally control all the receivers. Instead the remote would control only the receiver that is set to receive the set group of IR commands.
I get that, that's why I would use the RF settings with the HR54. They are proprietary and can't interfere with the other units.

Can't. They are being controlled with a harmony universal IR remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)