Multiple VIP622

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
Looks like they finally allow multiple 622's via lease. I should get my second one installed this weekend.

Funny I would have signed up a month earlier had they allowed this. It took me a month to give up on it and just get the one DVR a month later they allow me to get a second. They're so odd sometimes. :)

How much per month?

Just a straight DVR fee?

We want to get a second HD TV for the bedroom but the costs of having HD piped in was the issue.

:rolleyes: do they also charge a lease fee $5 a dvr fee $5 and a mirror (additional outlet)service fee $5 hd enabling fee$5 phone fee$5 and if they start charging by the tuner its a 2 tuner so would they double that? so $50.00 OK ill calm down but if they really wanted to stick it to us! oh i forgot they charge you $200 up front to BARROW there receiver! next thing is another were sorry but we must raise the rates again! don't get me totally wrong i love dish but there is a braking point.

Hmm, I called DISH today at 12:00 (Pacific) and was told that I could only get one 622 (to replace 942)....what gives...what are the magic words to use to get more than one 622 around here :confused: Is there special number to call???

I have two leased 622s, here's my online statement...

07/08 to 08/07
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 6.0
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 0.0
PBS NETWORK 1.5
DISHHD PLATINUM W/ PLAYBOY AND LOCALS 111.99
DISHNETWORK ONE RATE PRM 0.0
EXTENDED WARRANTY 1.99
Account Charges $ 121.48
Total Taxes $ 4.30

rglore said:
I have two leased 622s, here's my online statement...

07/08 to 08/07
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 6.0
PBS NETWORK 1.5
DISHHD PLATINUM W/ PLAYBOY AND LOCALS 111.99
DISHNETWORK ONE RATE PRM 0.0
EXTENDED WARRANTY 1.99
Account Charges $ 121.48
Total Taxes $ 4.30

Hmm, where's your HD Enabling Fee for that second 622? I see you have the Platinum DishHD pak, which waives the DVR fee on the second 622. But, I was told by a Dish CSR (who sounded sharp/in the know as I threw several questions at him, so I trust him) that even owned receivers (622/211, etc.) beyond the initial first one would be charged the $5-6 'enabling fee', and that you had to have the phone line plugged into the 622 at all times or you'd get hit w/ that $5 fee as well...

Last edited:
gbjbany said:
see this thread for hd enabling fee http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59552
sounds like your csr was confused, unless you were not getting a hd package.
the phone plugged in is a different fee too and he was correct about that.
BTW -- A good thread that explains all these thing is on the stickies on the dish network forum.

Perhaps it wasn't the enabling fee per se, but an 'extra receiver' fee that applied to lease or own alike. BTW, I'm currently on the PlatinumHD Pak. It didn't sound right to me, either...seems you own, you don't pay, right? But the rules seem to change daily...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts