Multiplying U540 on H3 Playback issues . . .

Sent a PM a while ago and haven't heard from anyone.

I’ve been down this road, as a matter fact, I made it to the end, a dead-end. Dish support needs support, they reached out to me three separate times requesting my phone number, email and a PM. And I provided but No contact from them just PR acting like they care and will do something by posting on here for all to see that they care… LOL! I wish you good luck sir.

Reactions: SandFarmer and LQQK
Nope! My H3 ignores the 3AM set time and reboots when it pleases...often during prime time. It has done this since about 5 software updates ago.
Hello, Jon J. We know having an issue where the Hopper 3 updates outside of the intended time can certainly get pretty frustrating! I did review the entire thread to make sure we're not asking duplicate questions. The nightly update can actually start an hour before or after, the intended time, and when something is scheduled to record during this time, it could cause it to get skipped. Just to make sure this isn't what's happening, do you happen to have any recordings scheduled between 2AM - 5AM? -Caleb S

Hello, Jon J. We know having an issue where the Hopper 3 updates outside of the intended time can certainly get pretty frustrating! I did review the entire thread to make sure we're not asking duplicate questions. The nightly update can actually start an hour before or after, the intended time, and when something is scheduled to record during this time, it could cause it to get skipped. Just to make sure this isn't what's happening, do you happen to have any recordings scheduled between 2AM - 5AM? -Caleb S

In my case:
I don't have recordings at the times when H3 is scheduled to update, I've been experiencing random updates for so long it feels like it's normal.

Reactions: SandFarmer
Been having audio drop outs on both our H3s since the update. But yesterday on H3 #2 it was so bad it was like every third word. ALTHOUGH a Power Cycle seems to have taken care of yesterday's issues that came after a Power Cycle right after the update. H3 #1, the drop outs, even after a Power Cycle, happen like the Nightly Update, all over and whenever . . .

Still no word from the DIRT solicitation . . .

Been having audio drop outs on both our H3s since the update. But yesterday on H3 #2 it was so bad it was like every third word. ALTHOUGH a Power Cycle seems to have taken care of yesterday's issues that came after a Power Cycle right after the update. H3 #1, the drop outs, even after a Power Cycle, happen like the Nightly Update, all over and whenever . . .

Still no word from the DIRT solicitation . . .

This isn't the experience that we want you to have. I'm not seeing any pending reports from our Engineering Teams, but I will be sure to pass your feedback along.

Do you notice if the picture gets distorted or pixelated in any way while the sound is acting up? -Carina G.

Just noticed an audio and video blip on 159 - Nascar America. about 1/2 second of audio was missing and the video jumped. Watching on my Joey 2.0 so it may have been a MOCA issue.

Talked to the Mrs., she said she hadn't noticed any problems on the Texas Tech/West Va game today but had seen several video/audio skips while she was watching recordrings made on PTAT this week.

Just saw a major video audio skip on 159 (about 1 second), no audio, screen went black but when I rewound to see if it was recorded there was noproblem at the same point in the recording. Probably a MOCA problem between Joey 2.0 and H3.

Well here it is January 2020, I haven't heard anything from anyone and the problem is getting worse. Some recordings are impossible to watch. The leased H3 is skipping and dropping more and more. The owned H3 the audio is constantly dropping and lots of pixelation and tearing in recordings. We now go to the network apps on the TVs and watch the programming otherwise.

I got a request to PM someone so they could talk to me about all this. It's been months and no word.
This isn't the experience that we want you to have. I'm not seeing any pending reports from our Engineering Teams, but I will be sure to pass your feedback along.

Do you notice if the picture gets distorted or pixelated in any way while the sound is acting up? -Carina G.

Sent from my SM-T380 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: LQQK
Well here it is January 2020, I haven't heard anything from anyone and the problem is getting worse. Some recordings are impossible to watch. The leased H3 is skipping and dropping more and more. The owned H3 the audio is constantly dropping and lots of pixelation and tearing in recordings. We now go to the network apps on the TVs and watch the programming otherwise.

I got a request to PM someone so they could talk to me about all this. It's been months and no word.

That's definitely not good, SandFarmer. Is this only happening on the recorded programs? Or are you experiencing issues with live TV and On Demand programming as well?

That's definitely not good, SandFarmer. Is this only happening on the recorded programs? Or are you experiencing issues with live TV and On Demand programming as well?
It was and is everything and it started after an update awhile back. I think somewhere around here I site the version. Or if you look around here were others posted and either they may have or by the time frame you might be able to nail the release version down.

Until then everything was fine. I have seen others post about it also and was hoping it didn't happen to us. No Such Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts