Multipurpose/Signal HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bklee

Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
From previous posts, there is a consensus that the Pansat 9200 is a highly recommended HD FTA receiver. In addition, their website posted a new DVB-S2 upgrade. With the exception of not covering 4:2:2/4:20, are there other signals/reception/capabilities that the Pansat 9200 lacks that other receivers have?

I take it the Quali-TV is the only receiver in the market to cover 4:2:2/4:2:0? Hopefully the Fortec Passion will also have this capability.

I guess with this hobby, you need to have multiple FTA receivers.

From previous posts, there is a consensus that the Pansat 9200 is a highly recommended HD FTA receiver. In addition, their website posted a new DVB-S2 upgrade. With the exception of not covering 4:2:2/4:20, are there other signals/reception/capabilities that the Pansat 9200 lacks that other receivers have?

I take it the Quali-TV is the only receiver in the market to cover 4:2:2/4:2:0? Hopefully the Fortec Passion will also have this capability.

I guess with this hobby, you need to have multiple FTA receivers.

Unfortunately right now you kinda need more than 1 if you want to get everything you can. The Pansat does cover 4:2:0. It does not cover 4:2:2. At this point the Quali is the only set top box that I'm aware of that does 4:2:2. You are correct that Pansat is soon to offer a DVBs2 add on. You could use a pci card for 4:2:2 but, then you need a fast enough for computer (especially for HD) and most have no blind scan.

Next thing we'll need is Dolby E decoding.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts