Multipurpose/Signal HD FTA Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bklee

Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
From previous posts, there is a consensus that the Pansat 9200 is a highly recommended HD FTA receiver. In addition, their website posted a new DVB-S2 upgrade. With the exception of not covering 4:2:2/4:20, are there other signals/reception/capabilities that the Pansat 9200 lacks that other receivers have?

I take it the Quali-TV is the only receiver in the market to cover 4:2:2/4:2:0? Hopefully the Fortec Passion will also have this capability.

I guess with this hobby, you need to have multiple FTA receivers.

From previous posts, there is a consensus that the Pansat 9200 is a highly recommended HD FTA receiver. In addition, their website posted a new DVB-S2 upgrade. With the exception of not covering 4:2:2/4:20, are there other signals/reception/capabilities that the Pansat 9200 lacks that other receivers have?

I take it the Quali-TV is the only receiver in the market to cover 4:2:2/4:2:0? Hopefully the Fortec Passion will also have this capability.

I guess with this hobby, you need to have multiple FTA receivers.

Unfortunately right now you kinda need more than 1 if you want to get everything you can. The Pansat does cover 4:2:0. It does not cover 4:2:2. At this point the Quali is the only set top box that I'm aware of that does 4:2:2. You are correct that Pansat is soon to offer a DVBs2 add on. You could use a pci card for 4:2:2 but, then you need a fast enough for computer (especially for HD) and most have no blind scan.

Next thing we'll need is Dolby E decoding.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)