Multiswitch or??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Zinwell WB68 is NOT powered...

I should know... I just installed the one I bought yesterday for precisely what JDizzy was inquiring about in his original post... It is a 6 input, 8 output switch and is supposedly the switch that Directv has approved for its new AT9 dish... But I am still using the Phase III triple LNB dish with the built in multiswitch just like JDizzy... As was passed along to me by others, I simply hooked up the four outputs from my current Phase III dish and attached those four outputs to four of the six inputs of the new switch... The four inputs to use are marked 13v, 18v, 13v/22kHz and 18v/22kHz... The other two ports are called "flex ports" and I didn't use them... Then I hooked up five of the eight outputs to my 5 receiver inputs (2 DVRs and 1 D10). Worked like a champ and there is no power involved with this particular Zinwell switch... I too had that question because I didn't want to have to run power in the attic... I was prepared to run power over a coax from down in the house but this powerless switch seems to work great so this was a better choice for me.. Lastly this switch has grounding screws on the case itself so I was able to run my satellite ground connection directly to one of the four ground screws (one on each corner of the switch). I confirmed that these ground screws (case of the switch) is common to the "shield" connections of the coax cables... My two cents... thanks... diitto...

Thanks for the feedback. That's what this forum is all about.

Information is our friend.:D

the 6x8 switch you are talking about is designed for another dish, but will be just fine with the au2 that you currently have. It still will allow the proper voltage to go to the LNB and will also allow the signal from 920-1450mhz range needed with the signal to the ird. Excellent switch!

the zinwell 6x8 is non powered. the zinwell 4x8 is powered. stick with the 6x8, cost more but by far better switch. 12 years in the business, i should know

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)