Multiswitch Problem? Please help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JPIndustrie

Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
Hi everybody.

I seem to have a problem with my DTV setup. I recently went to a Triple-LNB dish from a Dual-LNB Dish. With the new dish, I went with a 'bigger' multiswitch (a Terk 5x8 powered multi-switch) and seem to be having problems. I simply plugged in the outputs from the new dish into the 4 satelite inputs (With no OTA antenna), in no particular order and with no regard to the '13v/18v/Sat A/Sat B' designations, and attached the appropriate connections to the receivers.

It worked fine when I first plugged it in, now about 2-3 days later I'm gettting 'searching for satelite' problems and missing transponders. At first I thought it was the multi-switch, but I switched it for a new one at Circuit City, it worked fine again for the 1st 2-3 days, now I'm getting the same problems.

What could it be? Could it be the length of cable or the dish, or is there a particular way to plug in the satelite inputs into this mulitswitch?

Thanks for your help.

I want to have dual tuning in two of my receivers.

Please help with your responses, thanks.

OK, then regardless of how many receivers you have, I'm assuming the 2 dual tuners only, you can still troubleshoot.

Take the 2+2 cable leads and hook them up directly to the satellite dish, meaning 4 leads off the dish will be paired to each receiver. This setup SHOULD work for those two receivers with no troubles. OR any combination of receivers that you didn't mention. 1 Dual and 2 Singles, 4 Singles, 1 Dual and 1 Single leaving 1 spare, etc. Thing is to eliminate the connection to the "suspected" multi-switch. If this setup doesn't work we can assume the dish.

The 3 headed dish has a built-in multi switch. When you pair that dish with a multi-switch the dish loses its responsibility to switch. Each Leg is now dedicated to 4 different orbital to polarity assignments and the multi-switch is responsible for them. They are 101Left, 101Right, (110Low&119High)Left, & 119Right. This might be good to know to study the degraded signals and compare them to which lead between the dish and multi-switch to look for possible troubles.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)