Multiswitch question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

obdoc

Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
I need another two signals for a new DirecTiVo box. I'm wondering how this is done.
My current setup:

3LNB Dish -> built-in 3-4 Multiswitch -> 4 coax cables to two TiVos.

I'm the happy recipient of a free TiVo that I want to use. Is there a multiswitch that I can add into the above setup that will take one (or more) of the coax cables coming into the house and give me additional feeds???

I apologize if this question is really simple or reflects my ignorance, but I deliver babies for a living, and this is quite out of my area of expertise.

Don

you can use a powered 5X8 or a 6X8 designed to be used with the phase 3 dish. some newer 4X8 units are ok to use with the multisat dishes also. make sure the switch says MULII-SAT COMPATIBLE.. make sure you run all 4 coax lines into the 18 and 13 volt ports, it makes no difference where they go, just use all 4.

Why all four?

Thanks for the quick reply!
I understand your admonition to be sure and use all four coax cables into the multiswitch. Why?
Excuse my confusion, but since each of these four coaxes have already been through the dish's built-in multiswitch, don't they each carry signals for all three satellites?

No the multiswitch will take over and each cable will only carry 1 sat with the exception of the 119/110 even and it carries 2 sats.

the 4x8 or 6x8 will lock each of the 4 lines to the dish to a certain sattilite eg. one for 119, one for 110, one for 101 even transponders and one for 101 odd. then the 4x8 can send whichever signal it needs to one of the 8 outputs. therefore replacing the dish's multiswitch.

Now I get it

Thanks for the clarification. I look forward to receiving my new 4X8 multiswitch soon and checking it out.

Don

i personnally use 6x8's for everything now only because you dont have to power it. and because im a tech and i dont have to pay the diffrence(i assume they cost more)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)