Multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RcJays

Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
Can a multiswitch go bad? I have a 2 LNB system with a 2X4 multiswitch conected to two R15 DVR's. The problems is sometimes I have only one reciever in each box work. Sometimes each box will have just reciever one working, no signal on reciever two. This may be on box one only or it may only be on box two, or both. I have changed out about everything but the multiswitch. Cables, ends, even the two R15's. Help! JDA

Yes they can go bad. My brother had 2 go on him. The second one was rain damage and rusting but yes they do go.

Ditto what Brewer4 said.

Before doing anything else I'd check all connections as far back from the TV toward the dish as possible. If they're all good, try swapping the input & output cables at the switch and see if that makes a difference. That will allow you to at least tell which ports on the switch are bad.

Sounds like it may be time for a new switch.

I just had the same symptoms on my 2 HDTivos and SDTivo, all intermittent searching for satellite messages. Changed out the multiswitch this weekend to a new one and viola, no more problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)