mixz1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Cancun, Mexico
Murdoch: DirecTV a 'Turd Bird'
May consider selling unit to Liberty Media

Posted 2006-09-15 09:00:35 by Karl

Bloomberg reports that Rupert Murdoch may sell his 38% stake in DirecTV to Liberty Media in exchange for Liberty Media's 16% stake in News Corp. Meanwhile Variety reports that Murdoch called the unit "a turd bird" after hearing that FCC chief Kevin Martin still wouldn't look favorably upon a merger between DirecTV and smaller competitor Echostar. DirecTV recently failed to nab any spectrum at the FCC AWS auction. Murdoch just months ago hinted at a billion dollar broadband plan the company was considering.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a_1XipEdrIQY&refer=news

Which one do you think he means to define D(ownresized)irecTv as a "Turd Bird" ? :D

1 sometimes vulgar : a piece of fecal matter, a piece of excrement.
2 usually vulgar :a mean, contemptible person.

Sean Mota said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D this is the best one so far...

P.S. I am going to borrow it.... :D

Glad you liked it............... Mabe we should register it before it becomes their slogan:eureka . I can't believe that he would make such a comment about his own company.

Last edited:
sounds like he is on the last leg with D(ownresized)irecTv... so you hear the rumors of him selling. I still like your slogan... Maybe cable should use it....

Since 129 is a Turd Bird, and D* is THE Turd Bird, maybe E* and D* can swap transponder usage at 129 and 119. Then Turd Bird TV would have a monopoly on all that is Turd Bird. Would it pass government hurdles? :D

Kirby Baker said:
I cant believe you guys missed this one!!!!

http://www.turdbirds.com/

From the same site:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Genuine California horse excrement (horse turds). The artist carefully inspects each turd for shape, consistency, and color. If acceptable, the turd is dried and sealed in liquid plastic. Rest assured, only the highest quality of turds are used. The staff at Turd Bird Express take their sh*t seriously.

Sean Mota said:
From the same site:

Genuine California horse excrement (horse turds). The artist carefully inspects each turd for shape, consistency, and color. If acceptable, the turd is dried and sealed in liquid plastic. Rest assured, only the highest quality of turds are used. The staff at Turd Bird Express take their sh*t seriously.

"The staff at Turd Bird Express take their sh*t seriously." ROTFL:hatsoff:

Well, too late for Scott to pull another quick one- turdtv.com is already taken.

T*B* or T*T* would be a nice "in" joke, but we might get too many requests for an explanation. :p

But anyway- WOW! Being rid of Darth Murdoch. Nice thought. Probably good news for Echostar. But it's hard to believe. I suspect its more manuevering and misleading. DirecTV fits too well with his other holdings, and if their next 2 satellite launches are successful, they have a chance at catching up to Echostar.

I recently switched to Dish, because Murdoch turned DTV into a heaping pile of crap. Turd Bird is too kind, but he is King Turd.

Dish looks a lot better on my Sony HD set, even the SD. I am happy I switched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)