Music in FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zamar23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Mid West
Can you guys suggest any sats, TPs and unscrambled channels in Ku-band FTA that broadcast nice music of various styles, including audio only and video channels? Its not only about TV after all! An organized list of such channels will be of common interest.

Last edited:
I have seen English music videos on PEN TV on 97.0°W Galaxy 19 Ku in the afternoon, and Retro Jams on 123.0°W Galaxy 18 Ku also shows music videos.

Can you guys suggest any sats, TPs and unscrambled channels in Ku-band FTA that broadcast nice music of various styles? Its not only about TV after all! May be an organized list of such channels will be of common interest.

Zamar,

Hey buddy! Good to see you once again!

Here is one channel that you will want to investigate, this is not music, but it is sponsored by one of the guys here on this site. Check out Access America on Galaxy 19 97.0W!

On the same satellite, there is a channel for country folk called TEST 243 (BlueGrass) if you like Alabama and good country music, you will like this one!

I have to do some searching for a good Rock and Roll or Oldies channel now!

RADAR

Have you listened to the bluegrass one lately. I read on their website that they got rid of it.

It (Test 243) is there right now.

Ok, cool. :cool:

Yeppers guys and gals, it is still there and sending strong signals to me. I have been listening to it for a few hours now.

I like country music, but it has to be good country music, this is! This is the country music that I like! Hope you like it, too.

RADAR

are you looking for music videos or is audio-only sufficient?

Thanks everyone for suggestions! It doesn't look like too many channels anyway - sounds a bit strange. I'm looking for videos, but mostly for "audio only" in English, Spanish and possibly other European languages (like Sweden Abba style) for a background nice music of various styles, as we like variety.

AcWxRadar

Personal greetings and thanks! Actually, I'm here quite often, but probably posted in topics a bit aside of your interest. As my motorized dish is now perfectly aligned, I wanted to add some music to the mix. Wanted to look also for an extra HD receiver, as now prices come down. As Coolsat stopped new product development, Digiwave seems to drop their clone Diamond HD. But - the same issues pop up - no DVB-S2 signals reception and so-on...Some say its a firmware issue, but reality its earlier Connexant chipsets couldn't lock DVB-S2 contrary to advertized specs. They keep improving the chipsets though.

Last edited:
Rock an Roll Music

Hey friends. I found this excellent Country music channel on 97.0W - TEST 243. (Bluegrass on Lyngsat)

Can anyone point me to a great Rock and Roll channel or an oldies channel?

Thanks my good friends!

Gordy

Galaxy 3C KU @ 95W on the radio side. Listening to Jumping Jack Flash right now. It seems to be in-house music for Family Dollar stores. Beach Boys on now.

Hey friends. I found this excellent Country music channel on 97.0W - TEST 243. (Bluegrass on Lyngsat)

Can anyone point me to a great Rock and Roll channel or an oldies channel?

Thanks my good friends!

Gordy
Galaxy 3C KU @ 95W on the radio side. Listening to Jumping Jack Flash right now. It seems to be in-house music for Family Dollar stores. Beach Boys on now.

Merge em', I say!
They playing Sledgehammer now. Rock on.
:cool:

The one that loads as MT12 has two channels on it. One on the right side and one on the left. I've been listening to the left side audio and turned on simulated stereo on my amp, sounds great.

Last edited:
The one that loads as MT12 has two channels on it. One on the right side and one on the left. I've been listening to the left side audio and turned on simulated stereo on my amp, sounds great.
How exactly you shut down the right channel? They come both. They can be separated to different speakers by choosing advanced HT Receiver settings, but I can't shut down the right channel unless disconnecting surround speakers after separating channels.

Most of the receivers I've used you press the 'audio' button then scroll down off stereo and select right or left. I will be in mono, but since that's how it is sent to the sat that's the best you can get it.

Most of the receivers I've used you press the 'audio' button then scroll down off stereo and select right or left. I will be in mono, but since that's how it is sent to the sat that's the best you can get it.
Yep!

Copied from an unrelated thread:

BTW WCPE is an FTA friendly radio station that promotes the hobby.

WCPE Statement on their web page
Anyone, anywhere, from an individual with the appropriate equipment to the largest programming distributor. Our classical music is available without charge and is NOT scrambled! It's our mission to make Great Classical Music available to the world, 24 hours a day.

You can even rebroadcast their radio programming free of charge after signing consent form.

WCPE's Ku-Band signal is on the AMC-1 Satellite, 103° West, Transponder 12K, vertical polarization.

The digital tuning information is: Downlink 11942 MHz; IF 1192 MHz; FEC 3/4; Symbol Rate 20 ms/s; Audio PID 5417 decimal, or 1529 hex; ch 81.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts