Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
Ok...
I am fixing to open a new can of worms... :p
A coupla months ago I started a thread about using the Ecoda 22k switch on two motorized dishes. The conclusion is that it wouldn't work, since the power from the receiver passes thru both ports. :(
I haven't completely gave up. ;)
What about multiswitches? Or the 1x4 DisEQc switch?

how many receivers is the 1st question?

one you could do a diseqc switch but you probably would burn through them quickly

multiswitch is a maybe but that takes 4 lines (2 from each LNB) and you would have to pick one polarity to move the motor on

thanks Iceberg.
I was to operate two motor dishs from one receiver.
Oh well...
I have researched thru the web but came up with nothing.

I use to have a motorized and a fixed dish on a diseqc and it worked decent but I burned through 3 switches in like 6-7 months

I use to have a motorized and a fixed dish on a diseqc and it worked decent but I burned through 3 switches in like 6-7 months

Dang, it look like the diseqc would work...
Like setting the C band dish on Sat 1 port, and Ku band dish on Sat 2 port.
I mean, that the 13/18 current are going thru each port, right? You know, to handle the LNBs. Reckon the current that power the SG2100 motors are too much for the Diseqc switch. Unlike the Ecoda switch that allow current go thru both ports, the ports of the diseqc would be separate (?), so if I power and watch the C Band dish then the other port wouldn't be affected.
That's the only logical thing I can figure out.
I got several Diseqc switches lying around. Tomorrow I will use one and see what happens...

this again...?

As I recall the thread, Brian of SatelliteAV insisted you could get two 2100 motors to work through the Ecoda 22khz switch.
The Ecoda 2x1 switch will handle two SG2100 type motors without failing.
Have used this configuration for our rooftop dish farm for several years.
In our sample testing we have determined that these switches are rated far below the actual repetitive usage limits.
I believe the thread dealt with alternate ways to power the motors, too.
Such as Power Inserters.
There have also been threads for wiring DC directly into the motor, bypassing the switches.

Also discussed by Brian, was a technique to guarantee the receiver could supply the necessary power.

Of course, running C-band LNBs and something like a Gbox to move the BUD, would not be the power drain of two 2100 motors, so.... :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts