Music on Dish satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
Can I use an old dish network receiver that was once subscribed with for getting the FTA music from the dish 119 satellite? I'd like to use that for music in the garage/workshop as opposed to buying another FTA receiver......'cause if I buy another FTA receiver I'll end up with multiple dishes there for TV as well.....

no

The only thing on a Dish box that you can get (previously subbed box) is
213 nasa
262 angel one
265 cctv9
103 & 500 ppv previews

From the rumblings I've heard, I think you'll see some pretty cheap FTA equipment showing up on ebay soon. I think the providers are working on securing up their signals again. (finally!)
I recently picked up a decent pansat 2500 clone for $2.25 on ebay. Keep your eyes out for deals - especially if you're looking for something that doesn't require blindscan or good motor control (i.e. fixed dish/fixed channels like Dish audio channels), you'll find something cheap sooner or later.

I thought that I had heard a while back that if you had one of the older subscription cards that you could get certain music channels in the clear with a dish branded receiver. I have several old receivers that had previous subscriptions on them including a 6000HD that is hooked up right now (using it for a set-top box for OTA local HD) with no subscription so I'll check tonight and see.

From the rumblings I've heard, I think you'll see some pretty cheap FTA equipment showing up on ebay soon. I think the providers are working on securing up their signals again. (finally!)

Well I hope that's the case..........although it seems that many folks that have them for illegal purposes are an optimistic bunch.......so it may take a few months or more after things are sewn up 'till we start seeing them being unloaded cheap. Let's hope!

Yeah, I really won't even need motor control.......blind scan would be nice but certainly not necessary.

I thought that I had heard a while back that if you had one of the older subscription cards that you could get certain music channels in the clear with a dish branded receiver. I have several old receivers that had previous subscriptions on them including a 6000HD that is hooked up right now (using it for a set-top box for OTA local HD) with no subscription so I'll check tonight and see.

not that I'm aware of. I've got an old 3000 & 5000 that can only get the preview type channels, nasa & angel one. Audio channels are redded out :(

I have a 811 that I am using for OTA but have a sat connection for 129 (it needs a sat connection for the OTA to work). Might try 119 and see what happens :)

haha - that is exactly why I have the 6000 model hooked up to a second port on one of my circular LNBFs is so that I can get OTA local HD signals and that stupid box requires a valid dish network bird to speak to it before it allows you watch the antenna channels...

Well, I'm curious now so I'll be checking tonight :)

Good News

UNENCRYPTED MUSIC IS AVAILABLE...

...at lease on the HD model 6000 reciever with an old blue card. Now I only have 119W plugged into it so I can get a signal to allow my HD-OTA module to work. The only channel that is not "red" on this bird is #982 HMUSIC (Holiday Music) and it works great on a non-subscribed dish receiver. I haven't tried the other birds yet because I would have to switch some cabling around and we are in the middle of an ice storm and don't want to risk it.

:)

all the music channels are on 119

982 (The Holiday music channel) is available on all previously subbed boxes

Hi,
When I had just Great Wall Package with Locals I was able to get some of the Muzak channels if I pushed the Guide button and keyed in the channel numbers. Not sure why that worked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)