My 1st EHD bit the Dust

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I was one of the first adopters when Dish enable EHD storage in 2007. Was always on for nearly 15 yrs. Noticed it missing this week, tried switching docks to no avail. Like we always say, "it's not if it's gonna fail, it's when. Fortunately it was only a 500 GB, so not as great a loss as a 2 or 3T.

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell
I was one of the first adopters when Dish enable EHD storage in 2007. Was always on for nearly 15 yrs. Noticed it missing this week, tried switching docks to no avail. Like we always say, "it's not if it's gonna fail, it's when. Fortunately it was only a 500 GB, so not as great a loss as a 2 or 3T.
I got two WDs 500 GB each in 2007 too. Still working. They run anytime my DVRs are on. They are probably getting close too.

I think my EHD is around 10 years or so. The truth is, I don't even have a shot in heck of watching all of it.. most of it... a decent amount of it. I still have the Godfather trilogy on it... which were a few of the first things I saved to it. Watched the first one at least.

R.I.P. on your hard drive.

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)