My 2 year Cinemax deal ending!

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I just received a letter from Dishnetwork today telling me next month my Cinemax deal for a penny is ending next month and if I wanted Cinemax it would cost 12.99 unless i contacted them to remove.I have had Cinemax for this 2 year period and to be honest problably watched only a handful of movies during that time,so its not worth keeping.
Now heres the problem I contacted Dish online today and wanted to remove Cinemax and was told there is a 5 dollar charge to do so.Does this sound right,has anyone had any problem doing this.I dont think I should have to pay to have a package removed when it was a promotion.

I just received a letter from Dishnetwork today telling me next month my Cinemax deal for a penny is ending next month and if I wanted Cinemax it would cost 12.99 unless i contacted them to remove.I have had Cinemax for this 2 year period and to be honest problably watched only a handful of movies during that time,so its not worth keeping.
Now heres the problem I contacted Dish online today and wanted to remove Cinemax and was told there is a 5 dollar charge to do so.Does this sound right,has anyone had any problem doing this.I dont think I should have to pay to have a package removed when it was a promotion.

When my 2 years ended last week, I called to cancel, I too was told I had to pay. I said I'm not canceling, I was only officially ending the service that we were told would automatically end at the end of a year (then another year was added) - they agreed and issued a $5 credit to cover the $5 charge! Call back!

When my 2 years ended last week, I called to cancel, I too was told I had to pay. I said I'm not canceling, I was only officially ending the service that we were told would automatically end at the end of a year (then another year was added) - they agreed and issued a $5 credit to cover the $5 charge! Call back!

In my case, the CSR said that normally there would be downgrade charge, but in this case it would be waived as this was a promotion!
Dish really believes in true freedom when it comes to policies implemented by different CSRs.

-Hemant

my cinamax would expire on this october after about 2 years having it for penny ,I'm already sad,because these days showtime and HBO dont plays new movies like used to be..all is same old movies playing for few months now..but EPIX real good these days i am happy with it!

$5 charge because they ended your free promotion???? Thanks for the heads up. Mine is ending 5/16 and I will keep my eyes open for any "cancellation" charges.

I am contemplating ending my part of the Cinemax agreement -- i.e. paperless billing and autopay. Fair is fair...and I want to be able to get the deal again if they offer it. I don't think they will offer it to anyone already on paperless billing and autopay!

i wonder if dish is still offering that promo? cinemax tends to play good movies from time to time. on another note i am enjoying the new movie channel epix, they have a lot of movies that i haven't seen in a while. not to mention they have a lot of new movies that are coming up that i want to see.. so i am golden right now. :)

no

i wonder if dish is still offering that promo? cinemax tends to play good movies from time to time. on another note i am enjoying the new movie channel epix, they have a lot of movies that i haven't seen in a while. not to mention they have a lot of new movies that are coming up that i want to see.. so i am golden right now. :)

the promo is over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)