My 211 DVR function is activated

chikagobnd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
lynchburg, va
I called Dish Network this evening to check on the exact time the DVR function would become available to 211's(i.e. midnight on the 19th, 9am on the 19th). After holding for about 10 minutes she came back and said the service is "available now". So I told her to go ahead and activate it. After holding for another 10 minutes or so, the CSR said the service wasn't available for me since I'm in an MDU(apartment bldg.). Well, I had already written Dish Network last week to see if my MDU was capable of receiving this service and the tech assured me I was. So I told the CSR that, and continued to hold and hold and hold. Finally, her supervisor was able to activate the service. She said it would be 10-15 minutes until the service would be available after activation. So, I am still waiting to see if this goes through for me or not as I just got off the phone moments ago, but if you are a normal residential customer, it seems you don't have to wait until tomorrow. Activation is ready now! I will follow up here and let you know how/if my DVR functions are working.

I called Dish Network this evening to check on the exact time the DVR function would become available to 211's(i.e. midnight on the 19th, 9am on the 19th). After holding for about 10 minutes she came back and said the service is "available now". So I told her to go ahead and activate it. After holding for another 10 minutes or so, the CSR said the service wasn't available for me since I'm in an MDU(apartment bldg.). Well, I had already written Dish Network last week to see if my MDU was capable of receiving this service and the tech assured me I was. So I told the CSR that, and continued to hold and hold and hold. Finally, her supervisor was able to activate the service. She said it would be 10-15 minutes until the service would be available after activation. So, I am still waiting to see if this goes through for me or not as I just got off the phone moments ago, but if you are a normal residential customer, it seems you don't have to wait until tomorrow. Activation is ready now! I will follow up here and let you know how/if my DVR functions are working.

So is it active yet?

sorry...ive just been talking with a tech rep online for about the past 40 minutes. so that first sentence would probably tell you i dont have dvr functions yet. after going through a laundry list of checks, the rep said the function should be working and to wait it out as it is like activating a new receiver. if i dont have dvr functions by tomorrow, then we'll go from there. a wonderful start to this service...right in line with the rest of Dish's stuff.:mad:

I assume your 211 has the L453 (err, I meant L523) firmware and you got the "Activation" screen when you plugged in your external hard drive, right?

I can see this thread getting real busy in the next 24 hours... :D

Last edited:
Yeah, all that is good. It has been a dfmess with still no resolution. 2 different online tech reps, 4 different CSR's...they all say they fixed the issue and they don't. They always say..."it could take up to 30 minutes to activate service" once they say they "fixed" the problem. I think it's just something to get me off the line because they have no idea what to do.

Ahhh, while I slept, the Good Firmware Fairy visited my ViP211! :)

I plugged in a spare 250 GB Seagate 3.5" SATA drive through my USB 2.0 Universal Drive Adapter and my 211 detected it. I got the "499" screen saying I should call to activate the DISH Network DVR feature, which I did. Since I already had an external hard drive set up on my ViP622, I wasn't worried that it wouldn't get the right one.

That was ten minutes ago, and I'm still showing the "499" screen. You would think I've been waiting over a year for this, that I could wait 15-30 minutes for my receiver to take the hit... :)

The 888 Toll Free number on the "499" Attention screen doesn't seem to work. The CSR I'm speaking with said my account didn't show the 211 EHD feature being added, just the EHD for my 622. He was able to add it through his system, though, but it still hasn't hit my receiver. I'm going to give it another 15-20 minutes.

I guess a little more patience is needed...

Ah-ha! Bingo!

Attachments

• DISH ViP211 DVR 1.jpg
    DISH ViP211 DVR 1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 885
  • DISH ViP211 DVR 2.jpg
    DISH ViP211 DVR 2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 881
The 888 Toll Free number on the "499" Attention screen doesn't seem to work. The CSR I'm speaking with said my account didn't show the 211 EHD feature being added, just the EHD for my 622. He was able to add it through his system, though, but it still hasn't hit my receiver. I'm going to give it another 15-20 minutes.

I guess a little more patience is needed...

Ah-ha! Bingo!

Are you able to swap and view the EHDs between the 211 and 622?

Thanks.

DISH Network ViP 211 DVR

Here are some more screen shots from my ViP211 DVR! It works!

Attachments

• DISH ViP211 DVR 14.jpg
    DISH ViP211 DVR 14.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 932
  • DISH ViP211 DVR 13.jpg
    DISH ViP211 DVR 13.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 937
  • DISH ViP211 DVR 12.jpg
    DISH ViP211 DVR 12.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 816
  • DISH ViP211 DVR 10.jpg
    DISH ViP211 DVR 10.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 849
  • DISH ViP211 DVR 9.jpg
    DISH ViP211 DVR 9.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 773
  • DISH ViP211 DVR 8.jpg
    DISH ViP211 DVR 8.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 916
  • DISH ViP211 DVR 7.jpg
    DISH ViP211 DVR 7.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,065
  • DISH ViP211 DVR 2.jpg
    DISH ViP211 DVR 2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,112
  • DISH ViP211 DVR 1.jpg
    DISH ViP211 DVR 1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,121
  • PB190006.jpg
    PB190006.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,004
Last edited:
I just called and enabled the feature as well. I have to wait to get home to see if it is working. I hooked up my 200gb external drive last night.

Does the dvr pause, rewind, and fast foward live tv?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)