My 622 has crashed twice in the last hour

david803sc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
One of my 622's shut down and did a full reboot on it's own twice now in the last hour, I am watching National Geographic "Bridges of NYC" in HD, This 622 has never done this before, it is just shutting down and doing a full re-boot, Transponder strength on 129 Transponder 30 is 91 and steady. I am not receiving any error messages and the system status shows everything working correctly. Both have software 4.05, HDD Smart Code: 0 and avg HDD Temp is 114.

My second 622 is not having any problems, is anyone else seeing anything weird tonight?

David

Well now it just keeps rebooting has done it 3 more times, so I called DISH, took only about 5 minutes they said I am a VIP customer so they are shipping a replacement VIP622 FedEX overnight free of charge. They weren't sure what was causing the problem, all they had me do is unplug it and plug it back in to get the receiver number.

Great tech support / customer service call..........

David

I just got a 622 today and I am also getting random reboots. It will go to a black screen and sit for a couple minutes then restart. This is happening about every 20 minutes.

I just got a 622 today and I am also getting random reboots. It will go to a black screen and sit for a couple minutes then restart. This is happening about every 20 minutes.

Have you unplugged it and let it set for about 5 minutes?

Yes I did try that! Nothing seems to be working. I called Dish and they are sending out a new unit.

As an owner of my 3rd vip622 I can tell you that "self-reboots" don't seem to help. Mine would not stop rebooting until I either unplugged it or did a manual reboot. However, tech help will tell you that the known issues are software problems, AC current variation or a grounding problem. Also, there seems to be a known conflict if you are still using OTA to receive the same HD channels that are provided by DISH. Wish I knew more but this is where I am at present with my 3rd vip622. One more suggestion. When you send the old unit back.....be sure you keep the tracking number so you can check on return status.Dish received my unit which was damaged in shipment and tried to make me pay for it. Don't fall for that either. They are the official contractor for UPS in this case.Otherwise.....good luck.

Mine started doing the same rebooting thing about a month ago. Only once a week or so, but then last Thursday it started happening over and over non-stop. Now I can't get it to do anything when I turn it on other than it searches for satellites then reboots.
Waiting for my replacement now.
I guess I am not a VIP customer so after telling me they would ship out a replacement last Thursday (July 26), I called yesterday to find out nothing shipped until July 29! I am on the phone right now trying to get my tracking info (they couldn't give it to me yesterday).
SIGH
The tech said they had never heard of this happening before...

My 622 started this today and has done it about 6 times. We called tech support and was told to shut it off and unplug and let it sit. If it happens again, I will be back on the phone asking for a new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)