My 921 will be back to Costco tomorrow...

slimoli

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Enough is enough. After having ALL the reported bugs with my 921, specially the zero recording and the locked aspect ratio and not trusting Dish anymore to fix the problems, my 921 will be returned to Costco. Time to test their return policy since I have the receiver for more than 6 months. What a piece of junk! Today it started "acting up" tuning to different channels than the ones I had selected and producing a black screen from time to time.

Costco took mine back last week after 6 months. No problem at all. I'll give Dish one more month to lease me a 942. If not, D* here I come!

slimoli said:
Enough is enough. After having ALL the reported bugs with my 921, specially the zero recording and the locked aspect ratio and not trusting Dish anymore to fix the problems, my 921 will be returned to Costco. Time to test their return policy since I have the receiver for more than 6 months. What a piece of junk! Today it started "acting up" tuning to different channels than the ones I had selected and producing a black screen from time to time.

Full refund and no questions asked after more than 6 months. I don't have anything good to say about the 921 or Dish but all my respect goes to Costco. What a company!

I paid a $1000 for mine and got alot of good use out of it, but having both the 942 and 921, I have to admit that Dish dropped the ball with the 921.

The 921 was Dish's first attempt at a HD-DVR. Combined with anemic HD channel content at the time, I passed on the 921 as it surely would suffer from bugs.

And, bugs it had! I passed on it at Costco a few months ago.

Initially went with the 811, then convinced Dish to let me lease a 942.

The 942 is terrific. Really. No issues to far. Better PQ than the 811 (not that the 811 was bad). Beautiful programming guide. Silver appearance matches my Sony upconverting DVD player and Sony HDTV.

Since picking up VOOM, the HD content on Dish is wonderful -- I hardly watch SD anymore. Now just bring on the HD locals and my life will be complete.

slimoli said:

Costco is great, my 921 went back Friday! I had it 3 months, they gave me no problems what so ever. Told them is was the worst electronics I have ever owned. Dish allowed me to lease a 942 whihc I have had almost 2 weeks now and it is very nice, way better than the 921.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)