My 922 just deleted 300GB of DVR recordings!

nafspark

Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
Atlanta
I just went to play an old DVR recording and discovered that ~300GB of recordings are just *gone*. Why would my DVR delete that much without asking me???

Bug or possibly a child or spouse that thought some shows needed to be deleted?

Given that I live alone and no one else has been in my apartment in a couple of weeks, I'm leaning towards some kind of bug or something. I'm really bummed because I had a ton of really awesome movies recorded.

Sadly this happened to me yesterday also. I contacted Dish and they are sending a replacement. For now on I think I will watch the shows I really care about faster and transfer them to EHD if I can't.

Yep. EHD time. Of course, if you run out of space, older recordings will be deleted to make room for new, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

My guess is that it's not a bad box, but when the blasted thing updates itself every day, there's bound to be some bugs in one of the updates.

There's no known issues with the 922 deleting things on it's own, especially 300GB worth (we normally see all gone, or none gone). If it's the first time it happened, sorry, but I'd ask for you to wait (backup some stuff too). If it happened again, then I would replace the receiver.

Oh, and hard reset as always

For the people who had this problem, if you send me account info (including software version on receiver), I'll report the problems so that any trends can appear

This is why I move stuff I want to save to a EHD... ASAP. You never now when a DVR is going to go south on you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts