My Caller ID appears to be working correctly now!

joep

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Woodland Hills, CA
After incorrectly displaying the prior call when the feature was first introduced, it appears to be working properly now, at least for me. I’ve compared the last 5 calls I’ve received with my regular phone caller ID display, and the Voom display is finally right. Great Feature Voom! I just wish the display was a little bigger.

mine is still displaying the previous call. I don't have a real good feeling about this DVR software if a simple thing like caller ID doesnt work.

SKrueger said:
So does this mean there is a new software version? Can't see the problem being fixed without one.

Scott
I didn't have Caller ID until last week, but everything works fine with my 5 telephones and 3 STBs connected to a plain ole phone line. While there has been no targeted software upgrade, perhaps it's possible that VOOM sent micro-patches to the receivers without anyone being aware? Don't know! Perhaps a few more people should enable CallerID and see what happens.

While watching Voom, it's great to be able to watch TV and screen your calls when your phone rings and have the Caller ID (Name) information directly on your TV screen. This way if you want to pick it up, you know who is calling you before you reach for your phone. If you don’t feel like talking to the person on the other line, you don’t have to get up from your easy chair...

riffjim4069 said:

It maybe working but I wonder if it won't go back to the problems before. There is beta test fix but it is not 7.26. Just keep looking to see if it goes back to the same problems as before.

joep said:
While watching Voom, it's great to be able to watch TV and screen your calls when your phone rings and have the Caller ID (Name) information directly on your TV screen. This way if you want to pick it up, you know who is calling you before you reach for your phone. If you don’t feel like talking to the person on the other line, you don’t have to get up from your easy chair...

Same thing as buying cordless phone wit caller id and have the phone while you are in lazy boy and you can screen you calls and not answer of you don't want too and then you don't have a phone number on you screen while i am trying to watch tv that seems a little bit much to be conceened about i just thing that voom should try and fix other problems and not wory about caller id geez what is diffrent

CallerID: Do you have to subscribe to this

Hi,

I set my receiver for caller ID, but I don't see any response at all when a call comes in (yes, my phone line is connected to the box). Is this a feature that you need to subscribe to?

Thanks.

apcaruso said:
Hi,

I set my receiver for caller ID, but I don't see any response at all when a call comes in (yes, my phone line is connected to the box). Is this a feature that you need to subscribe to?

Thanks.
Yes through the phone company

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts