my closes satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mystic1

Apr 22, 2009
bahamas
hello guys,i am new to all this and about to set up my motorized dish.my question is what is my closes satellites? my locale is 25 latitude, 77 longitude.

If you longitude is 77°N, then your true south Satellite will be 77°W. BTW, Welcome to Satellite guys! :D

If you longitude is 77°N, then your true south Satellite will be 77°W. BTW, Welcome to Satellite guys! :D

Mystic1,

Only a couple of drawbacks to this. It is a DishNetwork satellite and is encrypted and it is also circular polarity. However, it will work well to get you started in the alignment procedure, but remember that you won't be able to view any channels and you will need an LNBF that can pick up the circular polarties.

So just be informed of this.

It is a really good starting point if you are a freshman in setting up a motorized dish as the circular polarity signals are quite a bit more forgiving and you can at least get yourself in the ball park pretty easily, compared to a linear sat anyway. Even if you can not view the channels, you can monitor the carrier signal from the transponders. So it is definitely an advantage for you to have this to use.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)