My custom Black Dissh

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gokartergo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Ca
I currently have a 1000.2. I decided I wanted a 1000.4 for the better signals.. But the black just looked funny with the rest grey so I painted it also.. Should have used flat black.. But that was all I had at the time..

photo 2.jpg

photo 4.jpg

Last edited:
This year the birds have decided that my dish is a perfect perch. So, a dark gray dish would look even worse than my light gray dish covered in poo.

Yes, I meant dark gray. Had dark blue on the mind from something else. Either way, not black.

I was going to say I can't seem to tell what it's mounted to, but upon closer inspection I see that it's just on the ground.

I'm kinda hoping they'll do the same for the 1k2 reflector since the 1k4 is going back to limited quantity.

I'll be the downer. First I will say I like it though.

The LNB has a switch in. That switch is
An electrical component. Electronics dint like heat.

I'd like to see the temp of that LNB on a hot summer day. If you have a multimeter that shoul have a setting for temp. Hold the probes on the LNB.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'd like to see the temp of that LNB on a hot summer day. If you have a multimeter that shoul have a setting for temp. Hold the probes on the LNB.

I live just off the coast in Calif.. Heat is not a real big issue here.. Thou I can see where it might be an issue in other places.. We probably get 7 days a year that it hovers around 100 degrees..

Frank7004 said:

Back in the C-Band days I read about a guy building his own cover for his LNB using a black plastic trash can. He had a white fiberglass dish. His little project worked great up till the time of the first solar outage. At that point the sun was in line the the satellite he was pointing at, and after his system wasn't working quite right. When he went out to look at the dish he found his plastic trash can LNB cover had melted into a block of goo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts