My Dad had no luck with dish loyalty

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Do you pay sticker price when you buy a car too?
Understand your query. its a good one. I believe in business anything worth buying or selling is subject to price negotiation.
That said, using the OP's story in which he is claiming his father is asking for what amounts to about a 45% discount...
Now, using your auto purchase analogy, what kind of reaction do you think you'd get from a car dealer if you asked for a 45% discount off the sticker?.....

If some of you want to pay full price for what you buy and what you pay for, more power to you. I have never seen any problem with asking if any retailer can offer a better price for anything, all they can do is tell you no. No sense in criticizing folks who ask for and receive discounts just because you don't, or don't want to.
Correct. But in business, there must be what is referred to as "equal consideration"....Each side gets something in return for making a deal...
And "I'll remain a customer with no strings attached" doesn't cut it.

Let me say this, I have seen customers with Dish, Directv or even cable get bigger discounts and they where not with the provider as long as your father has been loyal to Dish.

IMHO, get what discounts you can get and if it's not good enough then move on and switch providers.

I don't care if there is a formula or not. If they don't value your business then you need to move on.

This applies for all providers, just not Dish

4.0?..That's today's dial up
You do realise that not EVERYBODY lives where you can get fast broadband don't you? I don't have 4.0 by choice it is the FASTEST speed that CenturyLink offers where I live, and I am lucky to get that. I would love to have faster speed, but I can't get it.

Last edited:
Understand your query. its a good one. I believe in business anything worth buying or selling is subject to price negotiation.
That said, using the OP's story in which he is claiming his father is asking for what amounts to about a 45% discount...
Now, using your auto purchase analogy, what kind of reaction do you think you'd get from a car dealer if you asked for a 45% discount off the sticker?.....
I never said I thought you could get 45% off of an automobile. I thought that the OP's father's request for that off of a monthly bill was ridiculous. The $25 off was quite generous.

Reactions: bmetelsky
You do realise that not EVERYBODY lives where you can get fast broadband don't you? I don't have 4.0 by choice it is the FASTEST speed that CenturyLink offers where I live, and I am lucky to get that. I would love to have faster speed, but I can't get it.
Yes, I do.....And that was not me making fun of you or your service.
It just is kind of rare to see such slow speeds yet people who do live in areas where high(er) speeds are available, are charged so much.
The county in which I live is similar. One part is suburban. 2/3rds of the county is rural. Time Warner does not cover 60% of the county. The only options for the rural areas are primitive DSL or Hughesnet.

Yes, I do.....And that was not me making fun of you or your service.
It just is kind of rare to see such slow speeds yet people who do live in areas where high(er) speeds are available, are charged so much.
The county in which I live is similar. One part is suburban. 2/3rds of the county is rural. Time Warner does not cover 60% of the county. The only options for the rural areas are primitive DSL or Hughesnet.
Ok, sorry I took it wrong. A lot of times people that live in urban and suburban areas think that every body is like them and has access to 100 Mbps service or 1 Gbps service. It is aggravating that considering they got $250,000,000 last time and now $500,000,000 from the Federal government to get "high speed internet" to rural areas, CentruyLink still barley even offers DSL here, and then they charge (or try to) the same for their piss poor service here as they do where they offer 40 Mbps.

No issues for people asking for better pricing. Sat, tv providers bump up cost
where there should not be. Technology fee??? cmon!
However, I do think they can only do so much. 25 off a a full package-86 sounds more than fair.

No issues for people asking for better pricing. Sat, tv providers bump up cost
where there should not be. Technology fee??? cmon!
However, I do think they can only do so much. 25 off a a full package-86 sounds more than fair.
You did not make clear what Technology fee you are referencing specifically. I hope you do not dismiss the huge investment companies like Dish put (must put) into R&D. Those dollars must be recouped somehow, either padding them into programming packages, or, like Dish does, line items them, ie receiver fees, DVR fees, etc. So, which would you prefer? Peter must pay Paul.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)