My Dad had no luck with dish loyalty

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If some of you want to pay full price for what you buy and what you pay for, more power to you. I have never seen any problem with asking if any retailer can offer a better price for anything, all they can do is tell you no. No sense in criticizing folks who ask for and receive discounts just because you don't, or don't want to.

I see no problem with asking as it never hurts but I dislike when people complain that they didn't get a discount. I'm not going to the grocery store and expecting a discount on anything or going to Cabela's and saying I want a discount or I'm telling everyone your store sucks. Just ask and if they say no just go about your day and maybe try another time.

Reactions: flody1
I'd agree if they would just not give discounts to anyone. I admit I don't get and it ticks me off that new customers get better discount pricing, but subs paying years at full price don't, yet dish claims they don't make money on a sub until 2 years? I just don't buy it. Wish they just did full price for everyone so it was a take it or leave it deal.

It just makes it worse when so and so got this deal so you call and you get a deal half as good. Then you wonder why you are not valued as much. I don't like this model but dish brought it on themselves.

I'd agree if they would just not give discounts to anyone. I admit I don't get and it ticks me off that new customers get better discount pricing, but subs paying years at full price don't, yet dish claims they don't make money on a sub until 2 years? I just don't buy it. Wish they just did full price for everyone so it was a take it or leave it deal.

It just makes it worse when so and so got this deal so you call and you get a deal half as good. Then you wonder why you are not valued as much. I don't like this model but dish brought it on themselves.

My dad ended up taking the $25 off for 6 months. I agree though Dish Brought this on themselves and it's not just them, all of them do it. He won't leave because he says it's too much of a hassle to keep switching services. The 120 plus got him to 65 a month that he wanted but he would lose a ton of channels he and my mom watch so he just stayed with the top 250. Even the top 200 he loses channels they both watch.

Reactions: Tampa8
You did not make clear what Technology fee you are referencing specifically. I hope you do not dismiss the huge investment companies like Dish put (must put) into R&D. Those dollars must be recouped somehow, either padding them into programming packages, or, like Dish does, line items them, ie receiver fees, DVR fees, etc. So, which would you prefer? Peter must pay Paul.

I think they more then cover their costs. I think charging receiver fees is excessive.
Dish is not the only one doing this.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)