My Dish Experience

I don't believe any of the post..In his first post he says it's on a Sony Bravia 850.Then a 65"LG7...next a LG B9 OLED...Let's see here...that's how much money wasted on TV's?? Then supposed to have paid a $460 cancel fee... Like I said earlier there's some fake post lately on all the forum's

Reactions: HipKat
I don't believe any of the post..In his first post he says it's on a Sony Bravia 850.Then a 65"LG7...next a LG B9 OLED...Let's see here...that's how much money wasted on TV's?? Then supposed to have paid a $460 cancel fee... Like I said earlier there's some fake post lately on all the forum's
Is AT&T this desperate?

Hello,
I recently moved from DirecTV to Dish and immediately experienced extremely poor picture quality. Sports in particular with motion blur and pixelation made viewing very difficult. (over this month and 1/2 I would leave the house to watch my team play.) Quality was not limited to sports but also with standard programming. This is on a new Sony Bravia 850 recently bought from Costco. I've had two technicians come out post-installation who acknowledged the poor quality but that all signals, cables and equipment were in proper working order. There was "nothing they could do." I asked if they are seeing what i'm seeing and they responded "yes." I have the Hopper 3 with 2 Joey's.

I've was on the phone with Dish for 2 hours last weekend. At the end of the day, Dish was unwilling to negotiate down my early termination. Tonight I called and cancelled as i cannot continue to watch this quality for 2 more years. They would not work with me on the early termination fee, i paid the $460 to cancel. To say I feel ripped off is an understatement.

Just wanted to share my experience. I've attached a picture that gives an idea of my picture.
Bozeman20

I had this exact same issue when they installed my Hopper 3 a few weeks ago. The picture looked this bad and I too was ready to eat the ETF. I couldn’t believe how horrible the picture was and thought I had made a horrible mistake. I started researching tv picture settings and played around with them and it turned out for some reason I had to drastically change my picture settings only for Dish. And now my picture is crystal clear - the best picture I’ve ever had. Far superior to Comcast.

The main setting I had to adjust was Sharpness. The interwebs say not to turn it up, but I had to max it out on one tv, and near max on another. That along with some other tweaks and my picture is crystal clear on both tvs.

Reactions: dennispap
I had this exact same issue when they installed my Hopper 3 a few weeks ago. The picture looked this bad and I too was ready to eat the ETF. I couldn’t believe how horrible the picture was and thought I had made a horrible mistake. I started researching tv picture settings and played around with them and it turned out for some reason I had to drastically change my picture settings only for Dish. And now my picture is crystal clear - the best picture I’ve ever had. Far superior to Comcast.

The main setting I had to adjust was Sharpness. The interwebs say not to turn it up, but I had to max it out on one tv, and near max on another. That along with some other tweaks and my picture is crystal clear on both tvs.
Similar to when I bought 4K Monitors for my computer, I had to do the opposite and turn the sharpness way down, much lower than I would have thought

Each pair of eyes see the image differently. The HD picture needs to be tuned to your setup. It really comes down to most technicians are not trained to do their job correctly.

Each pair of eyes see the image differently. The HD picture needs to be tuned to your setup. It really comes down to most technicians are not trained to do their job correctly.

No, I think anyone who looks at those pics will think they're pretty sh!tty. Fine tuning a TV to one's taste is one thing, having a viewable picture out of the box is another and should be expected. Like already said, either the OP is a troll or he got a bad receiver/installation.

Similar to when I bought 4K Monitors for my computer, I had to do the opposite and turn the sharpness way down, much lower than I would have thought

I had to do this too on my Hisense 4K TV and H3. Before I softened it a tad, it was grainy on everything. I never tried running the sharpness all the way down but i can't imagine it would produce the ghastly pictures above.

Reactions: SandFarmer

I'll answer the questions in this thread this evening, i saw them before leaving for work this morning. I don't have an axe to grind with Dish, in fact their user interface and DVR capabilities I think are excellent, it's the picture that was my problem. As for the TV's I started with the 65" LG 7 series, which was purchased the day before install as my 2010 Bravia was dying. I was certain this TV was either bad or wouldn't work for me with the picture quality so I ordered the LG B9 OLED through Costco as i wanted the best picture (though at a price point i really didn't want to pay $1799.) This arrived and it was clear at that point that it wasn't the TVs.

Note: I'm a mile from the Bozeman Costco and know those guys fairly well, I felt bad about the returns but they assured me it was no problem.

I went to the Sony Bravia 65" 850 (3rd TV) because i'd save the $1K and this was the best for "motion". More responses to follow tonight.

Did you get the 55" model (55X850G)? I just upgraded to that model from Costco last fall and I am blown away by the picture on my H3. It took a little while to tweak the settings to our liking, but we are very happy with it.

You're only showing examples of the SB halftime. Was all programming looking like that?

I have the 65" model 850 and the TV is great (when streaming netflix or now with an antenna).

No, the Super Bowl halftime show was the worst and Fox in particular for sports. The others are have very similar blur and soft picture though where i simply can't watch sports. Regular programming can be somewhat acceptable with no motion (like a close up face on the news) but still not close to what i had previously. Watched the Bachelor (wife watches it) and it looks like i'm viewing in SD with a 90's TV. Fuzzy in the background, face motion blur, etc.

I’m floored that you would accept a
an early termination fee.

Something is so obviously wrong with the setup and or your configuration of the new TVs.

You should have hung in there a bit longer.

I tried to hang in there, I was bumping up against having to pay another month. I had a technician here 2 weeks ago and took a partial work day, was on the phone last weekend with Dish for 1 hour 57 minutes, 55 seconds explaining the issue to no less than 7 people. They sent a Sr level technician last week, took another partial day off work who indicated there's nothing more they could do technically. I talked to representatives again Monday (work holiday) who said they would send a 3rd technician. I actually don't believe our town has 3 different technicians. I'm pretty certain this is the attrition strategy, people with kids and family and work cannot invest in infinite amount of time.

I tried all the TV settings as did the first technician for some time and there was simply no improvement. My feeling is there's something in my particular part of town or neighborhood that's interfering with a signal? Mountains, though those are 7 miles to the south. My coworker mentioned he experiences dead zones on his Sirius radio in some places around town. I don't know but this wasn't the case with Directv, so that doesn't seem likely.

Another topic with my experience which i didn't include earlier as to not distract from the picture quality issue.

I signed up with an advertised $300 dish card as an incentive, this was sent to specific "pre-approved" potential customers according to the Dish representatives. During last weekend's 1 hour 57 minute conversation i asked when i should see the card as i was entertaining the earlier termination fee and it would be partially offset by this. They told me the code was not entered at sign-up and that they couldn't honor the discount card. They did offer $100 credit.

I said no and that i'm 100% confident I provided this at sign-up. At this point the rep said they'd open a "case" and they'd listen to my sign-up recorded phone call, I said sure please do. Fast forward 5 days and i got a call that they have closed the case and that i've been approved for the cash card. I asked if they really went back and listened to the conversation, they said "yes" and that i did provide the code. I was told there was some sort of technical issue to enter the code that day in their system that day.

So i think i have this card coming and was told that by cancelling service I "should" still get the card. So this would soften the $460 fee if i do receive it.

Another topic with my experience which i didn't include earlier as to not distract from the picture quality issue.

I signed up with an advertised $300 dish card as an incentive, this was sent to specific "pre-approved" potential customers according to the Dish representatives. During last weekend's 1 hour 57 minute conversation i asked when i should see the card as i was entertaining the earlier termination fee and it would be partially offset by this. They told me the code was not entered at sign-up and that they couldn't honor the discount card. They did offer $100 credit.

I said no and that i'm 100% confident I provided this at sign-up. At this point the rep said they'd open a "case" and they'd listen to my sign-up recorded phone call, I said sure please do. Fast forward 5 days and i got a call that they have closed the case and that i've been approved for the cash card. I asked if they really went back and listened to the conversation, they said "yes" and that i did provide the code. I was told there was some sort of technical issue to enter the code that day in their system that day.

So i think i have this card coming and was told that by cancelling service I "should" still get the card. So this would soften the $460 fee if i do receive it.
Why don't you change the hopper?

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts