My DMA finally got locals...well..sort of

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

finfan1313

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
So this week my DMA finally got local channels, only no cbs or nbc... Is this common? Are new local markets typically without the big four for long? Is there a way to figure out if/when they plan to add the rest? Any experience you could share is appreciated. I'm in Harrisonburg, VA (22802)

Yes it happens; especially when the owner of the local affiliates wants WAY too much money to retransmit their signals.

In your area WAVY is NBC and WVBT is Fox. Both are LIN stations. I doubt you will see them in hd anytime soon.

actually, none of them are HD, we didn't have any locals at all before now. I just hope they get Fox and NBC soon, even if it's not HD.

Harrisonburg. I don't have access to the list, but perhaps you could tell us what you consider your local CBS and NBC stations to be? I have a sneaking suspicion DirecTV is having a hard time coming to an agreement to import the significantly-viewed stations for your area.

The local cable company uses CBS out of Washington DC, and NBC from Charlottesville, VA (nbc 29).

I only found out because I clicked on the "Directv News Link" at the top of this forum, and it had a list of upcoming local market releases. Then the day they were supposed to come on when I checked the directv site, they were there. I still hve the distant feeds because I don't want to switch until they have this all straightened out.

As far as I know the only Harrisonburg local channels are channel WhSV , PBS, My valley , and My valley fox. I have them up on Directv in SD, but cannot get the guide info. I kept my DNS from NY for NBC,CBS and Fox so that I can get High Def. Cannot get ABC HD out of Ny because WHSV will not give me waiver for HD. Is anyone else experiencing problems with guide for these locals? Without guide cannot record. My location is west of Franklin WV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts