my dsr704 is slow

Status
Please reply by conversation.

obeythelaw

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
New Jersey
my dsr704 is slow..also i have 6.2 but i don't think i have any of the new features

Hello. For some reason my DSR704 is slow. No matter what button I press it takes forever for the Tivo to react. It wasn't like this when I got it about a year ago. And I'm not talking about the guide being slow. We all know that its slow. I also just got the 6.2 update and it response time hasn't improved. Any advice? Also, who is making the DirecTivos for Directv now? I know they are branded as the R10 but what manufacturer is making them?
also, i have 6.2 update but everyone has been talking about folders and such to put things in, but i don't have any of that. how do i get that or enable that now that i have 6.2?

obeythelaw said:
Hello. For some reason my DSR704 is slow. No matter what button I press it takes forever for the Tivo to react. It wasn't like this when I got it about a year ago. And I'm not talking about the guide being slow. We all know that its slow. I also just got the 6.2 update and it response time hasn't improved. Any advice? Also, who is making the DirecTivos for Directv now? I know they are branded as the R10 but what manufacturer is making them?
also, i have 6.2 update but everyone has been talking about folders and such to put things in, but i don't have any of that. how do i get that or enable that now that i have 6.2?

as for the slowness.. if you have some shows you are willing to lose delete some... then restart the box... Ive heard of this helping

The folders.. go into the now playing list... (im not at mine or ide be more specific) but down at the botton it say push x for info/options or something along those lines... in that menu you want to turn groups on.

tada.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)