My email to ceo@echostar.com

HatGuy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Sir,

I am really unhappy! I spent 250.00 To get the " latest greatest "
and in less than a month you come out with the 622 (mpg 4).
My installer told me the 942 would receive mpg 4 and now I find
out it will not. You want another $99.00 of my hard earned money
to upgrade. I think this is very unfair. The honest thing to do would
be to tell me to wait a month for the 622 or swap the 622 for the
942 at no charge.

I don't understand why I can't just bring in my 942 and swap it for
a 622. The installer said he put up a dish 1000. Its not rocket science
to hook this up.

It my be worth the 250.00 to break the contract.

Very displeased with your service,

Joe Peters
acct # 8255 90 958 xxxxxxxx

Hi Joe,

I know it is frustrating. I'm in the same boat. Got a 942 based on the Dec. Tech Chat. I have been talking to the Executive Resolution team regarding this. The 622 is not availble yet and probably won't be available enmass until April (hence why there is no rebate until then).

I am sure Dish is aware of this and is working on a solution that will be announced at a later date. There is a large number of us (either new customers or 8 years like me) that they will not want to lose.

Patience.

teachsac said:
There is a large number of us (either new customers or 8 years like me) that they will not want to lose.

Ya know...considering the events of the past month or so, I really wonder if that is true or not. I think the whole whole "Put em up in MPEG2, but call them MPEG4 just to make everyone get new equipment", but then tell the general public that they won't "fit" in MPEG2 because of sat.capacity demonstrates to me a lack of, well, "giving a sh!t" about existing customers.

DWS44 said:
Ya know...considering the events of the past month or so, I really wonder if that is true or not. I think the whole whole "Put em up in MPEG2, but call them MPEG4 just to make everyone get new equipment", but then tell the general public that they won't "fit" in MPEG2 because of sat.capacity demonstrates to me a lack of, well, "giving a sh!t" about existing customers.

I WAS thinking that too after talking to a member of the resolution team for two nights. He had kind of a too bad, so sad for you attitude. I offered them what I believe is a fair compromise of the difference in lease prices $A299-$250=$49. I said I believe it is time to start exploring my options. His reply, "No deal, hate to see ya go."

The next day I received an e-mail from someone that I was corresponding with in late December prior to CES. This person gave me some info I was asked not to post (but was mentioned in another thread when he was talking to an executive resolution team individual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)