My Email to starz regarding Starz-HD

AndyHDTV

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
NYC
My Email:
Hello Mr.Southwick, I was told by a executive at Time Warner Cable that STARZ-HD could possibly finally be added to it's lineup later this year.

There are many Starz subscribers that own HD sets and have been patiently waiting for this channel for years now and are on the brink of canceling.

I recently canceled my Starz subscription because I can't bring myself to watch the standard definition version of Starz anymore on my HD set.

So, will TWC be getting STARZ-HD before the end of the year?

Unfortunately I can't get Dish network as I heard they will be adding STARZ-HD.

Mr.Southwick:
This is entirely the decision of Time Warner. We are happy to make Starz HD available to them free of charge. They just have to decide to take it and make room for it on their cable system.
--
--
--
hear that folks, all we need is a slot for this channel, that's all!!! what's TW's excuse now. Some markets have the space for it some don't, just add it.

AndyHDTV said:
My Email:
Hello Mr.Southwick, I was told by a executive at Time Warner Cable that STARZ-HD could possibly finally be added to it's lineup later this year.

There are many Starz subscribers that own HD sets and have been patiently waiting for this channel for years now and are on the brink of canceling.

I recently canceled my Starz subscription because I can't bring myself to watch the standard definition version of Starz anymore on my HD set.

So, will TWC be getting STARZ-HD before the end of the year?

Unfortunately I can't get Dish network as I heard they will be adding STARZ-HD.

Mr.Southwick:
This is entirely the decision of Time Warner. We are happy to make Starz HD available to them free of charge. They just have to decide to take it and make room for it on their cable system.
--
--
--
hear that folks, all we need is a slot for this channel, that's all!!! what's TW's excuse now. Some markets have the space for it some don't, just add it.

I'll tell you exactly what the problem is with this channel. First Starz is telling you a little white lie while TWC also is a big part of this problem too.

First Starz "will not" give TWC a contract for Starz HD without Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand. Now Starz also wants all customers to get all Starz services free of charge which includes the On Demand services. So if you order Starz that customer gets Starz On Demand at no extra charge.. Also if you order the Encore package Starz wants all Encore customers to get Encore On Demand at no extra charge too.

Now TWC wants to be allowed to charge extra for these On Demand services if they so please. Right now nearly all TWC areas give customers On Demand access to all premium channels they subscribe to if they order two or more premium channels. Now TWC doesn't count Starz and Encore so if you order Starz and HBO only you must still pay an extra 6.95/month for Premiums On Demand just to get HBO On Demand. But if you order Showtime and HBO you will get HBO On Demand and Showtime On Demand at no extra charge.

I hope your picking up what I'm trying to say. So in simple terms if a customer just ordered Starz TWC wants to be able to charge that customer an extra 6.95/month for Starz On Demand while Starz wants Starz On Demand to be free for Starz customers no matter what they order.

Now the TWC contract with Starz Encore Group runs out around years end so I expect TWC to cave in and accept Starz's terms or risk losing access to all Starz channels. In simple terms TWC knows they will have to cave in but they are just waiting as long as they can until their contract runs out.

Do you notice how many other cable companies who offer Starz HD also offer Starz On Demand at no extra cost. This isn't just by chance its for a reason. Now Starz doesn't require satellite companies to carry Starz On Demand as they aren't able todo so which is why you see Dish Network with Starz HD. Also notice that Verizon also carries Starz HD, Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand as part of their 11.95/month movie package which also includes Showtime On Demand, TMC On Demand, Showtime HD and TMC HD.

LonghornXP said:
I'll tell you exactly what the problem is with this channel. First Starz is telling you a little white lie while TWC also is a big part of this problem too.

First Starz "will not" give TWC a contract for Starz HD without Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand. Now Starz also wants all customers to get all Starz services free of charge which includes the On Demand services. So if you order Starz that customer gets Starz On Demand at no extra charge.. Also if you order the Encore package Starz wants all Encore customers to get Encore On Demand at no extra charge too.

Now TWC wants to be allowed to charge extra for these On Demand services if they so please. Right now nearly all TWC areas give customers On Demand access to all premium channels they subscribe to if they order two or more premium channels. Now TWC doesn't count Starz and Encore so if you order Starz and HBO only you must still pay an extra 6.95/month for Premiums On Demand just to get HBO On Demand. But if you order Showtime and HBO you will get HBO On Demand and Showtime On Demand at no extra charge.

I hope your picking up what I'm trying to say. So in simple terms if a customer just ordered Starz TWC wants to be able to charge that customer an extra 6.95/month for Starz On Demand while Starz wants Starz On Demand to be free for Starz customers no matter what they order.

Now the TWC contract with Starz Encore Group runs out around years end so I expect TWC to cave in and accept Starz's terms or risk losing access to all Starz channels. In simple terms TWC knows they will have to cave in but they are just waiting as long as they can until their contract runs out.

Do you notice how many other cable companies who offer Starz HD also offer Starz On Demand at no extra cost. This isn't just by chance its for a reason. Now Starz doesn't require satellite companies to carry Starz On Demand as they aren't able todo so which is why you see Dish Network with Starz HD. Also notice that Verizon also carries Starz HD, Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand as part of their 11.95/month movie package which also includes Showtime On Demand, TMC On Demand, Showtime HD and TMC HD.

I talked to a customer service manager at TWC today about this subject. She said she is VERY surprised that they do not yet have Starz On-Demand and that they are getting A LOT of requests for it. It sounds to me like it will be added pretty soon. Have you heard the same thing? Do you know exactly when their contract ends?

JayPSU said:
I talked to a customer service manager at TWC today about this subject. She said she is VERY surprised that they do not yet have Starz On-Demand and that they are getting A LOT of requests for it. It sounds to me like it will be added pretty soon. Have you heard the same thing? Do you know exactly when their contract ends?

It may occur sooner if TWC just decides to cave in sooner but as of now the contract runs out in the 4th quarter of this year but I'm not sure exactly when so I would assume shortly after the first of the year we will see it on all TWC and BHN systems with available bandwidth and VOD upgrades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)