My Family TV on G3C-95W booming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I noticed last night that My Family TV must have boosted the power a bit. I'm getting it 99Q on one of my dedicated offset 6' dishes. :) Previously in the 80sQ.

It's probably because you aren't getting interference from the next door satellite anymore at that frequency because of some recent service moves.

A 6 footer at c band frequencies sees 3 degrees of sky-which is well into the beam of the neighboring satellites. Those unwanted signals cause more noise on your desired signal
lowering your quality readings. Minimum 2 degree spacing reception requires 8.5' dish

but still thats good that the signal is up a little more. They have some good programs on there

Today I was out working with the ghetto dish and I was peaked on 97W and picked it up (on the 6 footer) at a 80 quality :eek:

I hope folks don't use that TP to tune their dish because it pegged 99 quality on the Pansat when I was at 96.8 degrees ;)

I need a little her with My Family TV

After reading all the posts about My Family TV I decided to try and program it in. I use a 4DTV to move my 10' dish and I have a Traxxis 3500 DVB receiver. Has anyone successfully tuned this channel in using a Traxxis 3500? I tried and tried and only get a few of the Roberts simulcast horse racing channels to come in. Be wildered I went in the 4DTV setup menu and tried rotating the LNB 90 degrees and rescanned and got some other channels to come in but still no my family tv. I am sitting on Galaxy 3 which has the NPS channels like CNN etc. is this the correct sat for this channel? Is this channel able to be picked up with my Traxxis 3500 receiver? if so could anyone offer me some pointers to try and get it to auto scan in or post the direct input numbers for the channel. I tried scanning with it on transponder 1 and 2 and Verticle and horiontal and it still does not see my family tv on any transponder.

Thanks for any help I hope I can get this channel to come in.

Bobby C
I would try and manually enter in the transponder info. I have seen receivers skip it on a blind scan due to the low symbol rate

3744 frequency
V polarity
2206 symbol rate

Status
Please reply by conversation.