My favorites list is gone...

kennya

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
McAlester, OK
Batteries went out on my hopper remote last night. Replaced them and then the remote wouldn't work. It was getting late so said I would mess with it in the morning. Tried the remote this morning and nothing, put old batteries back in and I could get the sat light to light up, but the function of the button wouldn't work. Put the new batteries back in and it started working correctly. However, I noticed that the guide did not look the same, it was stretched. Went into Settings/Format TV and the settings had changed. And as the title of the thread reads, I lost my personal favorites list. Anything I can do to get the list back???

If your favorites list is gone, there is no way to restore it. You can definitely set it up again though. If the remote is resetting the receiver settings, it may need to be replaced. Is this the first time it's happened?

Tommy, thanks for the reponse. I was afraid that I wouldnt be ab;le to restore the lists. Thats ok, no biggie. Yes, this was the first time it happened.

No problem. Let me know if it happens again. It sounds like the factory defaults may have been triggered since that will clear the favorites lists, as well as changing the HD settings back to normal.

Understood. I did have problems with the new batteries, the remote wouldnt work when I put them in. When I put the old back in, I held the sat button and heard a beep. Did I accidently reset the system? It only beeped, the box did not restart. Put the new batteries back in and it worked.

The beep was just letting you know you were either un-linking, or linking the remote. Since you put in new batteries, it's possible the remote just un-linked and by pressing SAT you told it to link again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)