My first Directivo problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kbohip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 9, 2005
Colorado Springs
Well it's actually more of a strange anomoly than a problem. While attempting to watch a "Twilight Zone" I had in the now playing list, the unit freezes up. When I go to play I can hear the sound for the first minute or so but all I see on the screen is the now playing list background. The buttons on the remote don't respond. I rebooted the R-10 but had the same problem again. All other recorded shows work fine except for this one :confused:.

I'm hoping it's not some bad sector on the hard drive, as it's a new 200gb drive that I installed. Anyway I erased the messed up recording and everything is fine now. Has anyone else had a similiar problem?

kbohip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 9, 2005
Colorado Springs
Hmmm...,it's now done it again. This time after watching a recorded show I went to delete it. Upon pressing the confirm deletion the unit froze up. It wouldn't respond to any buttons on the remote or front panel. I had to reboot again and after I got back to the Now playing list I noticed it did in fact delete the program. 3 crashes in 2 months I'm starting to wonder about this machine.

deezoneezo

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 31, 2004
Are you sure you installed the drive corretly and didn't cause this problem on accident?

kbohip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 9, 2005
Colorado Springs
The drive has been working perfectly for a month before this strange anomoly. Last night I had another strange thing happen though. I went to schedule a movie to record and keep until I delete and Tivo came back with an error saying I didn't have enough space. The thing is I only have about 20 hours max on the 200gb drive right now :confused:. I changed the recording options to delete the movie if space was needed and it set it up no problem. I then went into the to do list and set it up to keep until I delete and from there it worked.

I did have a ton of suggestions (around 130) that I deleted the day before so I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Maybe it thought they were still on the drive?

silversurfer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sounds to me like it is not properly recognizing the added space. When you go into the info screen does it recognize the additional space in the number of hours you can record? If I was home I would post a screen shot sorry...

kbohip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 9, 2005
Colorado Springs
I forgot to mention that it does recognize the new hard drive's space. 172 hours in all. I've also had it filled before, mainly from suggestions. There was 30 pages of them! This is why it was so wierd that it was saying the drive was out of space when I had no more than 20 hours of stuff on it.

kbohip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 9, 2005
Colorado Springs
I *think* I found the problem...maybe. If there are too many programs in the To do list that are marked keep until I delete, will Tivo count those programs as future used space and deduct this space from the drive?

DirecTV*Tier2Tech

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 28, 2005
The problem is the hard drive you instlled in it...make sure you realize this voids your warranty...

kbohip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 9, 2005
Colorado Springs
DirecTV*Tier2Tech said:
The problem is the hard drive you instlled in it...make sure you realize this voids your warranty...

No, actually it's not the hard drive I installed slick. It works perfect, I just didn't know that TiVo took into account all of the programs that are going to be recorded in the next couple of weeks. Who cares about the warranty? The thing will be obsolete in under a year anyway.

LMAO, you call yourself a Tier 2 Tech? :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)