My first HDTV

jollygrunt

Arsenal Fan
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 16, 2005
Republic of Texas
Magnavox

I just purchased a 32" Magnavox LCD HDTV. While installing it, I left most of the settings set to automatic with powersaver turned on. I have it connected to the Dish 522 via s-video and my Xbox360 via component. I then set the display output on the 360 to 720p. I couldn't find anything in the menu settings of the 522 to change its display output.

I then tried playing "The Incredibles" on the 360 and the tv showed that the movie was displaying at 480p. So, I guess the 360 is just a regular progressive scan dvd player, and it doesn't upconvert dvd's.

The first thing I watched on the tv was the Arsenal v. Staua Bucharest Champions League match which I'd recorded on the 522, and it looked fine to me. I imagine the 622 , or 722, will display a better looking picture as they have better than s-video outputs.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to subscribing to DISH HD as soon as AT&T starts offering the 722.

Magnavox

I just purchased a 32" Magnavox LCD HDTV. While installing it, I left most of the settings set to automatic with powersaver turned on. I have it connected to the Dish 522 via s-video and my Xbox360 via component. I then set the display output on the 360 to 720p. I couldn't find anything in the menu settings of the 522 to change its display output.

I then tried playing "The Incredibles" on the 360 and the tv showed that the movie was displaying at 480p. So, I guess the 360 is just a regular progressive scan dvd player, and it doesn't upconvert dvd's.

The first thing I watched on the tv was the Arsenal v. Staua Bucharest Champions League match which I'd recorded on the 522, and it looked fine to me. I imagine the 622 , or 722, will display a better looking picture as they have better than s-video outputs.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to subscribing to DISH HD as soon as AT&T starts offering the 722.
Congrats on the new set.

The 360 will only output upconverted material via VGA or HDMI. I'm using the VGA connection on mine and it does a very respectable job of upconverting DVD's.

Now, get that new HDTV some HD content!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)