My Head Is Spinning...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1fingerwillie

Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
I've been considering HD for a while now (already have the TV and have been with DirecTV for a number of years) but have been waiting for some of the changes to take place. Seems everytime i check in here there are new changes on the horizon. TIVO is a priority for us so i assume i need the HR10-250. But now i hear that DirecTV has a new DVR coming out. So:

If i get the HR10-250 (for I assume $450 after rebates) will it work once the new DVRs come out?

Will i have to get a new box when the mpeg4 thing happens (and if so will DirecTV replace the HR10-250 for free).

I am not in the top 12 markets or even in the top 50 so can i get HD network feeds from New York.

Thanks and sorry in advance. I know this info is all on the site, but the more i look the more confused i get.

1FW

1fingerwillie said:
I've been considering HD for a while now (already have the TV and have been with DirecTV for a number of years) but have been waiting for some of the changes to take place. Seems everytime i check in here there are new changes on the horizon. TIVO is a priority for us so i assume i need the HR10-250. But now i hear that DirecTV has a new DVR coming out. So:

If i get the HR10-250 (for I assume $450 after rebates) will it work once the new DVRs come out?

DirecTv says they will continue to support tivo users when the new dvr comes out

Will i have to get a new box when the mpeg4 thing happens (and if so will DirecTV replace the HR10-250 for free).

You will need a new box if you want to be able to watch the new mpeg4 hd channels. A lot of speculation about free replacement, most people say yes, but DirecTV has not confirmed anything yet.

I am not in the top 12 markets or even in the top 50 so can i get HD network feeds from New York.

Depends on if you can get your local networks to give you a waiver, I think

Thanks and sorry in advance. I know this info is all on the site, but the more i look the more confused i get.

1FW

My responses are in bold above

:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)