My HR10-250 won't get a signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jowi

Jan 10, 2006
For quite a long time it's been acting up where it will just freeze up or I'll go down to use it and it will be a grey screen and it won't respond to anything, so I would unplug it to reboot and that would normally take care of it (for a while until the next time). One time I even had to disconnect the satellite connections and reattach to get it to work. Well now all those tricks aren't working and when I restart it it gets to the part where it's trying to connect and it stays at 0%. I'm not sure if it's dead now or what??

I recently sub'd to the protection plan, so I can't call about this until that goes into effect, but I'm curious, what are they going to replace it with? This was the box I bought, and when I upgraded in our living room to the new MPEG-4 box and 5LNB dish, we moved the old one downstairs. So since this is 'covered' (or will be), will they give me a new HR10-250 or refurbished? Or will it be a different box? Does anyone know?

Also, if anyone has suggestions on what I can try to get it to work, I'll take them! The only thing I haven't tried is disconnecting and reattaching the satellite connections at the splitter box thing - but my other 2 receivers are working fine.

Thanks!

(First I want to say I'm a moron when it comes to this stuff, so please bear with me!)

Does it sound like the problem IS the hard drive? I have NO IDEA how to swap that out. Is it pretty straightforward or should I take it to a computer store or something like that to ask about it? Or are there step-by-step online directions? (LOL)

Thanks!

For quite a long time it's been acting up where it will just freeze up or I'll go down to use it and it will be a grey screen and it won't respond to anything, so I would unplug it to reboot and that would normally take care of it (for a while until the next time). One time I even had to disconnect the satellite connections and reattach to get it to work. Well now all those tricks aren't working and when I restart it it gets to the part where it's trying to connect and it stays at 0%. I'm not sure if it's dead now or what??

I recently sub'd to the protection plan, so I can't call about this until that goes into effect, but I'm curious, what are they going to replace it with? This was the box I bought, and when I upgraded in our living room to the new MPEG-4 box and 5LNB dish, we moved the old one downstairs. So since this is 'covered' (or will be), will they give me a new HR10-250 or refurbished? Or will it be a different box? Does anyone know?

Also, if anyone has suggestions on what I can try to get it to work, I'll take them! The only thing I haven't tried is disconnecting and reattaching the satellite connections at the splitter box thing - but my other 2 receivers are working fine.

Thanks!

As soon as your protection plan takes effect(day 31) you need to have DirecTV replace it with either the HR20 if you get your locals OTA,or HR21 if you get locals with satellite.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts