My hr34 resolution changes to 480i

Status
Please reply by conversation.

reybie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Hotrizona
What causes this? I change it back to 1080i when I notice it, a day or so later it's back to 480 again.

Unless you have unchecked 480i in the setup menu, the the HR34 will go back to 480i every time it tunes an SD channel.
Go into the setup menu, UNcheck all the resolutions except 1080i (or 720p if you have a 720p TV).

Unless you have unchecked 480i in the setup menu, the the HR34 will go back to 480i every time it tunes an SD channel.
Go into the setup menu, UNcheck all the resolutions except 1080i (or 720p if you have a 720p TV).

I don't think this is true at all. All of the resolutions are checked on my HR34 and it does not change to 480i by itself.

If all the resolutions are checked, the resolution sent to the TV if you are on an SD channel WILL be 480i. If you want to the HR34 to send only 1080i, you need to UNCHECK 480i, 480p and 720p. That's how it works. Also set the HR34 to "native off".

Sure, but it shouldn't stay at 480i when you switch back to an hd channel which is what I assumed is happening.

The resolution light shows the resolution of the channel you are watching, assuming it is checkmarked in the setup.

I'm having a similar issue. I just bought a Samsung UN55EH6030F which is a 55" LED/3D with 1080P 120hz. It is my understanding that the 120hz is also the same as 120FPS according to Samsungs explanation on their website. I don't know how accurate that is though. The receiver is the HR24-200. I "reset" the receiver since I upgraded from a 720P tv. I've changed the receiver settings to only display 1080P and I turned "Native" off in the video settings. On the front of the receiver, I tried to change the resolution to 1080P via the front button, but the highest it will go to is 1080i when watching an HD channel. It immediately bypasses 1080P and goes straight to 480i when I manually press the front button. I haven't hooked up my Samsung Blu Ray player yet and wonder if it matters to my issue? Thanks for any help.

The receiver will only go to 1080p if you are on a 1080p channel. Normal TV channels use 720p or 1080i, and the only channels delivered in 1080p are a few PPV channels

The resolution light shows the resolution of the channel you are watching, assuming it is checkmarked in the setup.

I have every resolution checked. Native Off. The light stays at 1080i no matter what channel I'm on, SD or HD. I realize it's a 480i picture when I'm on an SD channel, but it does not change away from 1080i + Original format. Perhaps the OP is accidentally pressing the format button on the remote and sending the rcvr to 480i.

I'm not sure if my nephew has something to do with this. He likes using the original Directv remote while I have the Harmony (I don't have Format button mapped on it). I had all the resolutions checked also and have Native set to On when I posted my question. I since removed the 480i/p and left 720 and up selected but still on Native On. Still working so far but then again, now that it has been mentioned, maybe there are outside forces involved. I think I will hide the other remote.

Does a 480 or for that matter a 720 show look any better on a 1080p television when they're native?(altered otherwise?) I was never sure of setting native to on if the television would be frequently changing resolutions.

What are the pros and cons of having the format set on Original/unaltered?
Stretch & crop don't sound appealing but I'm not exactly sure what effect Pillar box has...

While I'm there - Bar color is the default( I assume) gray
And I have 480p thru 1080p checked without 480i

I preferred the native because I don't like the look of stretched programming. 480 resolution looks really obvious, for me anyway, just by looking at the guide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts