My HWS not recording timers or manual record

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Partysox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2016
N central Indiana
My HWS not recording....timers or manual when you go in the dvr its not recording there no red light.If I go into the guide and look at the program I'm timer recording it shows red like its recording but its not.If you click on the program in the guide to try to stop it nothing comes up....anybody?

Does this happen on all timers?
so far yes...I even have 2 manual recordings set up right now.no red light..the little capsule thing on the programs are red...no recordings in dvr with red light...I am watching a program suppose to be 2 recordings only 1 tuner is being used the one I'm watching....timers worked fine this morning I got 2 recordings

You'll need your receiver replaced if the reboot didn't fix that that and it's happening on all timers. Send me PM so I can get that started.
That's what I was afraid of.....the tuner still works I can watch tv...I plan on upgrading here in a few days I'm on the list....

I've been having the same problem with one of my Hoppers. I need to check it every morning after the nightly reboot to make sure it can really record. I do a short record to see if the red light will come on. If it doesn't, and half the time it doesn't, then I do a power cord reboot and test again. Always works then.
Some times after the nightly reboot the OTA channels are missing and I have suspected that it was related but so far haven't proved that to be true.
I don't want to replace the Hopper if it turns out that the OTA dongle is really the cause.

I'm having the same problem with my H2. For some reason it just doesn't want to record on Tuesdays and Thursdays. No PTAT or any other recording. Tried rebooting several times, but the same thing happens the next Tuesday and Thursday. (I'm not a big fan of Tuesdays and Thursdays either, but I still go to work...)

Edit: I was going to wait for the new operating system to download, hoping that it would cure this bug, but without any estimates of when this will happen, I may need to have it replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts