U202 issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Patrick Smith

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Valdosta, GA
So with the new version there have been a few problems seen. Post them here and what you were doing when you found the issue. Maybe then we can try to replicate it and send the feedback to dish.

Did a search for tv show friends to check for netflix integration. Results showed up fast then i picked an episode that was only on netflix for test and hopper froze on netflix banner so had to restart it. I only tried once. I waited for couple minutes then had to manually restart.

I also posted this in 'Carbon UI Issues'...

I'm having minor issues with folders.
  1. Some of my folders indicate there are recordings in them (ex: 'Brian' folder shows 5), but when going into the folder, there are 0. Other folders show and contain the correct amount of recordings.
  2. One of the new folders I created last night (before the nightly reboot) was gone this morning and the recordings it contained were moved to the main DVR page (no longer in a folder).

I also posted this in 'Carbon UI Issues'...

I'm having minor issues with folders.
  1. Some of my folders indicate there are recordings in them (ex: 'Brian' folder shows 5), but when going into the folder, there are 0. Other folders show and contain the correct amount of recordings.
  2. One of the new folders I created last night (before the nightly reboot) was gone this morning and the recordings it contained were moved to the main DVR page (no longer in a folder).
I have seen this as well. I'm hoping it was just settling in. I will try again when I get home tonight!

Did a search for tv show friends to check for netflix integration. Results showed up fast then i picked an episode that was only on netflix for test and hopper froze on netflix banner so had to restart it. I only tried once. I waited for couple minutes then had to manually restart.
Just did some testing of this. First ran the Netflix app, all was fine though a bit slow to get going. Then did a search for Jessica Jones, picked an episode and selected watch on Netflix, again worked fine though slow to get started.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Patrick Smith
Noticed that while both Hoppers are on 202, the WJ updated it's software version last night. Otherwise all seems to be working pretty well, no lockups or reboots necessary (yet).

Paging through the channel guide seems kind of sluggish,not very smooth at all.Other than that everything seems ok...

I see that too. Paging through the guide is choppy. It was pretty darn smooth in the original UI. I also wish that in the DVD My Recordings that the truncated recording names would scroll instead of being truncated.

Might be completely unrelated, but after updating last night i tried the dish anywhere app, and it kept telling me that all tuners were busy. I wasn't recording anything and it wouldn't let me join any viewing session. Tried again today and it's working fine.

I was only able to look around briefly last night before going to sleep. Anyone see a way to quickly switch between favorites lists like the old method of pressing guide multiple times to 'flip' through the multiple favorites lists? The new multi step process of "guide->guide->1->arrow to desired favorite->select->cancel" seems awkward if it is the only way to do that. Also, it looks like the old built-in "All HD Channels" favorite list is gone? I used that all the time as my favorites listing. Not certain the purpose of the "All Unsubscribed" channel listing other than to perhaps get me to buy additional channels?

Press # while in the guide and it should show you how to easily switch between list. I'm not home to check now but will check when I am home.

Hopefully this UI will start to feel "natural" after using for a few more days, right now everything feels like too much work, not as user friendly as I thought it would be. I just keep thinking about all the "non-techies" that are going to need hand-holding when Carbon is released. The "help" menu is great, but most won't even look at it - they'll just get frustrated & call Dish to complain.

I believe once carbon is released they will force you to page through the help menu for the first time. I know I had to when I installed the first time.

Hopefully - but we understand how to use computers & enjoy figuring new stuff out. I keep thinking of all the people that still find the Hopper confusing after more than a year of using it :) Glad I don't work for Dish customer service!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts